Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
adrian142
adrian142 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Italic font switch, but not back anymore

At the moment I am having some woes with the conversion of a book (rtf-format) to Kindle (mobi-format).

On the first try it switched on one of the first pages to UPPERCASE ITALIC letters and not back anymore.

When searching the original I found the UPPERCASE issue,but I still have the ITALIC problem remaining.

Are You able to help with a tipp? The RTF seems correct. No wrong ITALIC letters.

Could send You the RTF, too, if You want to have alook at it.
adrian142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo AuraHD/Aura6"/AuraH2O/GloHD/AuraOne
Do you have access to software which can save your RTF as HTML e.g. MSWord. If you examine the HTML file in a text editor you may get a better idea of what's going wrong.

Alternatively, if you use the Convert - Debug feature, you can capture the HTML which Calibre extracts from your RTF during the conversion to MOBI. This will also help you diagnose the problem. I usually find the HTML in the Debug Input subdirectory the most helpful.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote