Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-25-2022, 10:07 AM   #2491
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciberoba View Post
Any time I start Calibre with the device connected, a task is started that uploads all (120+) books again to the device. This seems to be triggered from the Kobo Utilities plugin, but I'm not sure if it is, and how to prevent this. It takes ages to finish and it's not necessary.

Is there a way to stop the automatic uploads?
Do you have the Reading List PI installed? (and being used )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 10:22 AM   #2492
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciberoba View Post
Any time I start Calibre with the device connected, a task is started that uploads all (120+) books again to the device. This seems to be triggered from the Kobo Utilities plugin, but I'm not sure if it is, and how to prevent this. It takes ages to finish and it's not necessary.

Is there a way to stop the automatic uploads?
Nothing in this plugin uploads any books, let alone automatically. The only way I can think of for that to happen is with the Reading List plugin. You might have a reading list that sync to the device with the wrong options.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2022, 12:21 PM   #2493
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Do you use the Reading List plugin? This can happen if you have a reading list set to upload books to device without clearing the list afterwards:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-25 13_20_46-Customize Reading List.png
Views:	361
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	194537  
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 02:39 PM   #2494
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I use the Reading List plugin to add the eBooks to my Kobo when I connect to my library. It adds only the eBooks I've added to my default list.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:02 AM   #2495
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad, Kobo Aura 6"
hello, can i import a KoboReader.sqlite file on Kobo Utilities without connect a Kobo?
mortimer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2022, 05:13 AM   #2496
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer7 View Post
hello, can i import a KoboReader.sqlite file on Kobo Utilities without connect a Kobo?
You can't. The plugin in intrinsically tied to calibre and the driver that is used to read the database on the device. Theoretically, you could hack calibre and the driver code to do it. But, I it would be a lot of work and unlikely to be worth it.

What are you actually trying to do?
Old 06-29-2022, 05:19 AM   #2497
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You can't. The plugin in intrinsically tied to calibre and the driver that is used to read the database on the device. Theoretically, you could hack calibre and the driver code to do it. But, I it would be a lot of work and unlikely to be worth it.

What are you actually trying to do?
my external microSD got damaged and I lost all the books. now I'm re-downloading them and would like to recover the read percentage from a 2021 KoboReader.sqlite backup
Old 06-29-2022, 10:13 AM   #2498
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
my external microSD got damaged and I lost all the books. now I'm re-downloading them and would like to recover the read percentage from a 2021 KoboReader.sqlite backup
You could try:
  1. Connect the device without calibre running.
  2. Backup the current database.
  3. Put the old database onto the device.
  4. Starting calibre.
  5. Run the reading status fetch.
  6. Stop calibre.
  7. Put the current database on the device.
  8. Eject.

That might work. I think I have done this at some time, but, not with a database that old, and most of the books were probably on the device. If the books were on the SD card, you might need an SD card in the device to see them.
Old 06-29-2022, 01:11 PM   #2499
mortimer7
Connoisseur

Quote:
You could try:
  1. Connect the device without calibre running.
  2. Backup the current database.
  3. Put the old database onto the device.
  4. Starting calibre.
  5. Run the reading status fetch.
  6. Stop calibre.
  7. Put the current database on the device.
  8. Eject.
thanks, it seems to work.
With old DB, calibre shows my old books but there is no reading percentage column. I have set it on Kobo Utilities configuration:

----------------

Another problem is that i can't edit metadata: for example, if i press F2 to rename the author it says error:
Code:
calibre 5.44  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Linux-5.15.46-1-lts-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '5.15.46-1-lts', '#1 SMP Thu, 09 Jun 2022 10:12:44 +0000')
Python 3.8.5
Interface language: it
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 1) && EpubCheck (0, 1, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 3) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre/gui2/library/views.py", line 1270, in keyPressEvent
AttributeError: 'KTCollectionsBookList' object has no attribute 'field_metadata'
Also with new database it says that error.

Last edited by mortimer7; 06-29-2022 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:31 PM   #2500
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
thanks, it seems to work.
With old DB, calibre shows my old books but there is no reading percentage column. I have set it on Kobo Utilities configuration:
The percent read is not shown automatically. The details in the device list are common for all types of devices. You need to run the "Store/Restore current bookmark" function of the plugin to do this. (It can be setup to run automatically when the device is connected, but, you don't want to do that yet.) This will fetch the reading status for selected books to calibre. You can then restore this status to the device after something like a factory reset.

This function does require the books on the device to be in the calibre library and matched to the books on the device. That could be a problem based on your statement of losing the books on the card.
Quote:
----------------

Another problem is that i can't edit metadata: for example, if i press F2 to rename the author it says error:
Code:
calibre 5.44  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Linux-5.15.46-1-lts-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '5.15.46-1-lts', '#1 SMP Thu, 09 Jun 2022 10:12:44 +0000')
Python 3.8.5
Interface language: it
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 1) && EpubCheck (0, 1, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 3) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre/gui2/library/views.py", line 1270, in keyPressEvent
AttributeError: 'KTCollectionsBookList' object has no attribute 'field_metadata'
Also with new database it says that error.
You cannot edit the author in the device list. Or at least you cannot for the Kobo devices. It might be possible for other devices, but, it is not supported for Kobo devices. I will fix that error when I have a chance, but, it won't enable editing in anyway that updates the actual device.

If you want to update the metadata for a book on the device, then this can be done automatically by the driver. There are options in the driver configuration. Or you use the update metadata function in the plugin.
Old 06-30-2022, 02:24 AM   #2501
mortimer7
Connoisseur

Quote:
You need to run the "Store/Restore current bookmark" function of the plugin to do this.
sorry but i can't find this option:
Old 06-30-2022, 03:21 AM   #2502
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
What version of calibre and Kobo Utilities are you using? I seem to remember using the Store/restore current bookmark option a decade ago

The image below is from Kobo Utilities v2.16.3 and the Store/Restore current bookmark option is highlighted:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo_utility_options.png
Views:	114
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	194659  

Last edited by DNSB; 06-30-2022 at 03:48 AM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 03:46 AM   #2503
mortimer7
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What version of calibre and Kobo Utilities are you using?
calibre 5.44, Kobo Utilities 2.16.3
Old 06-30-2022, 03:49 AM   #2504
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
calibre 5.44, Kobo Utilities 2.16.3
Lost in translation to Italian?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 03:57 AM   #2505
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You need to start this function from the library, not the device list. Exactly what functions are available depends on whether you are looking at the library or the device.

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins