Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-30-2023, 09:43 PM   #2791
maritimehippy
maritimehippy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Smile

Thank you DNSB! You are brilliant. That fixed the issue. All working now. I really appreciate your help on this one. It had me stumped.

Great work. Thank you.
maritimehippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 11:09 PM   #2792
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
See my response to your virtually identical post in the Library Management subforum.

And please check the MobileRead Posting Guidelines item #3 about duplication.
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔

Quote:
Originally Posted by maritimehippy View Post
Thank you DNSB! You are brilliant. That fixed the issue. All working now. I really appreciate your help on this one. It had me stumped.

Great work. Thank you.
Moderator Notice

And please raise issues about a plugin in the plugin's thread.

I merged your other thread into this one.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 06:15 PM   #2793
tspear
Enthusiast
tspear began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔

And please raise issues about a plugin in the plugin's thread.

I merged your other thread into this one.

BR
I cannot find the other thread mentioned and it does not appear to have been merged into the thread here (I am facing the same issue). Unless I missed something (which is very possible).

Thanks,

Tim
tspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 07:02 PM   #2794
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
It was merged.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 08:12 PM   #2795
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspear View Post
I cannot find the other thread mentioned and it does not appear to have been merged into the thread here (I am facing the same issue). Unless I missed something (which is very possible).

Thanks,

Tim
See message #2787 to #2790 in this thread. #2787 and #2789 were posted in the other thread, #2788 and #2790 were posted in this thread. #2789 contains my suggested fix which was stated to have worked in #2791.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 08:31 PM   #2796
tspear
Enthusiast

@davidfor,

It took a while, but I did figure out my issue. I read your directions, and using the debug logs figure out that the option "Store current bookmarks on connect" is required to load the reading status and location information. I must have skipped past that section a dozen times since I do not use bookmarks. Any chance you change the text of the option to state "Store current bookmarks/reading location on connect"?

Anyways, now when I sync, I have two issues.
First it looks like roughly 100 books have imported the reading status, and it should be closer to 200 that I have marked as finished. I am now on my second Kobo eReader, is it possible Kobo (and I think likely) that the reading status was lost when I switched eReaders?

Second, there are two books which show a new reading status each time I connect; and I did not even eject the eReader (just restarting Calibre). Here is the debug log from one of the two (I have the full log if desired):

DEBUG: 0.1 ----------- _store_bookmarks - top of loop -----------
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - Current book: Maverick Gambit - Marjorie King
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - contentIds='['20713488-3bf9-4649-a771-9b8c63b1b77e', 'file:///mnt/onboard/King, Marjorie/Maverick Gambit - Marjorie King.epub']'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - contentId='20713488-3bf9-4649-a771-9b8c63b1b77e'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - device_status='None'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - result='{'ChapterIDBookmarked': '20713488-3bf9-4649-a771-9b8c63b1b77e!OEBPS!0_cover.xhtml#kobo.1.1', 'adobe_location': None, 'ReadStatus': 2, '___PercentRead': 95, 'Attribution': 'Marjorie King', 'DateLastRead': '2023-11-29T03:40:43Z', 'Title': 'Maverick Gambit', 'MimeType': 'application/x-kobo-epub+zip', 'Rating': None, 'ContentID': '20713488-3bf9-4649-a771-9b8c63b1b77e'}'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - device_status is None
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - contentId='file:///mnt/onboard/King, Marjorie/Maverick Gambit - Marjorie King.epub'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - device_status='{'ChapterIDBookmarked': '20713488-3bf9-4649-a771-9b8c63b1b77e!OEBPS!0_cover.xhtml#kobo.1.1', 'adobe_location': None, 'ReadStatus': 2, '___PercentRead': 95, 'Attribution': 'Marjorie King', 'DateLastRead': '2023-11-29T03:40:43Z', 'Title': 'Maverick Gambit', 'MimeType': 'application/x-kobo-epub+zip', 'Rating': None, 'ContentID': '20713488-3bf9-4649-a771-9b8c63b1b77e'}'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - result='{'ChapterIDBookmarked': None, 'adobe_location': None, 'ReadStatus': 0, '___PercentRead': 0, 'Attribution': 'Marjorie King', 'DateLastRead': None, 'Title': 'Maverick Gambit', 'MimeType': 'application/epub+zip', 'Rating': None, 'ContentID': 'file:///mnt/onboard/King, Marjorie/Maverick Gambit - Marjorie King.epub'}'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - finished reading database for book - device_status= {'ChapterIDBookmarked': '20713488-3bf9-4649-a771-9b8c63b1b77e!OEBPS!0_cover.xhtml#kobo.1.1', 'adobe_location': None, 'ReadStatus': 2, '___PercentRead': 95, 'Attribution': 'Marjorie King', 'DateLastRead': '2023-11-29T03:40:43Z', 'Title': 'Maverick Gambit', 'MimeType': 'application/x-kobo-epub+zip', 'Rating': None, 'ContentID': '20713488-3bf9-4649-a771-9b8c63b1b77e'}
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - Start of checks for current_last_read - reading_position_changed='False'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - current_last_read='2023-11-29 03:40:43+00:00'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - new_last_read ='2023-11-29 03:40:43+00:00'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - current_last_read != new_last_read='False'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - After checking current_last_read - reading_position_changed='False'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - current_percentRead ='100'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - new_kobo_percentRead='100'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - current_percentRead != new_kobo_percentRead='False'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - After checking percent read - reading_position_changed= False
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - current_chapterid ='20713488-3bf9-4649-a771-9b8c63b1b77e!OEBPS!0_cover.xhtml#kobo.1.1'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - new_chapterid='20713488-3bf9-4649-a771-9b8c63b1b77e!OEBPS!0_cover.xhtml#kobo.1.1'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - current_chapterid != new_chapterid='False'
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - After checking location - reading_position_changed= False
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - current_rating=8, new_kobo_rating=0
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - current_rating != new_kobo_rating= True
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - current_rating != new_kobo_rating and not (current_rating is None and new_kobo_rating == 0)= True
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - current_rating != new_kobo_rating and new_kobo_rating > 0= False
DEBUG: 0.1 _store_bookmarks - position changed for: Maverick Gambit - Marjorie King
Old 12-01-2023, 08:32 PM   #2797
tspear
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
See message #2787 to #2790 in this thread. #2787 and #2789 were posted in the other thread, #2788 and #2790 were posted in this thread. #2789 contains my suggested fix which was stated to have worked in #2791.
Thank you, I totally missed and did not follow. Anyways, using the debug log I actually figured out I had a separate cause (user error).

Thanks,

Tim
Old 12-01-2023, 09:07 PM   #2798
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@davidfor,

It took a while, but I did figure out my issue. I read your directions, and using the debug logs figure out that the option "Store current bookmarks on connect" is required to load the reading status and location information. I must have skipped past that section a dozen times since I do not use bookmarks. Any chance you change the text of the option to state "Store current bookmarks/reading location on connect"?
Unfortunately, davidfor passed away last year. I'll take a look at the plugin later as it should be a simple change.
Old 12-01-2023, 09:28 PM   #2799
tspear
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Unfortunately, davidfor passed away last year. I'll take a look at the plugin later as it should be a simple change.
Did not know that, sad to hear. The plugin is very handy.
Is there a new maintainer for the plugin?

Tim
Old 12-01-2023, 09:43 PM   #2800
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Not officially. Community members contribute patches, and chaley moves it to the first post.
Old 12-02-2023, 02:44 AM   #2801
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Beta Version 2.16.12

As requested by @tspear, this changes one string in config.py to "Store current bookmarks/reading position on connect."

Last edited by chaley; 12-06-2023 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Beta copy released
Old 12-02-2023, 10:21 AM   #2802
tspear
Enthusiast

Thanks, for the tweak.

Glad the community came together. Any ideas on two books repeatedly showing as updates although nothing changed?

Tim
Old 12-02-2023, 12:15 PM   #2803
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I've had that happen before. Going onto the Kobo, searching for them, manually marking as unread fixes that.

Quote:
I am now on my second Kobo eReader, is it possible Kobo (and I think likely) that the reading status was lost when I switched eReaders?
It's likely that your previous reader failed to sync the status to the Kobo servers. There's an issue several of us have been tracking in the Kobo forum about collections causing sync failure, though I'm not sure if that's a factor in your case.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 12-02-2023 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-02-2023, 03:25 PM   #2804
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
First it looks like roughly 100 books have imported the reading status, and it should be closer to 200 that I have marked as finished. I am now on my second Kobo eReader, is it possible Kobo (and I think likely) that the reading status was lost when I switched eReaders?
If that data is lost (and I believe that it is), you can manually set the status for those books to 100% read in Calibre, then push those new bookmarks to your Kobo with this plugin.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 03:39 PM   #2805
tspear
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogice View Post
If that data is lost (and I believe that it is), you can manually set the status for those books to 100% read in Calibre, then push those new bookmarks to your Kobo with this plugin.
That is my backup plan. I was hoping for a way to investigate the raw data some on the eReder itself. Otherwise, just a tedious job to track them down and change the status.

Tim

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities