Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-22-2021, 08:00 AM   #16
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 5, Likebook 4, Tolino 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
i think new "my daily organizer" from My Deep Guide is worth mentioning here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXjYHtfDP6A
I will definitely not use an organizer on such a large device - it is something for a device that you have with you all the time, e.g. a smartphone.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:35 PM   #17
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - Galaxy S8+ - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
How can I download the best Kindle app version for Nova Pro Android Ver 6.0.1, Onyx own app store has the latest Ver for android 9/10
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:45 PM   #18
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
How can I download the best Kindle app version for Nova Pro Android Ver 6.0.1, Onyx own app store has the latest Ver for android 9/10
You could try downloading and sideloading earlier versions of the Kindle app from places such as Aurora Store or APKPure.

It goes without saying, use at your own risk. However, the apps which I have downloaded from such places have all been fine to date.

https://kindle.en.softonic.com/android#older-versions

https://apkpure.com/amazon-kindle/com.amazon.kindle
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:07 PM   #19
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - Galaxy S8+ - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
You could try downloading and sideloading earlier versions of the Kindle app from places such as Aurora Store or APKPure.

It goes without saying, use at your own risk. However, the apps which I have downloaded from such places have all been fine to date.

https://kindle.en.softonic.com/android#older-versions

https://apkpure.com/amazon-kindle/com.amazon.kindle
Thanks, what about optimisation settings what have you got yours on?.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:34 PM   #20
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Thanks, what about optimisation settings what have you got yours on?.
I actually don't use the Kindle app. I only have one ebook from Amazon which I converted via Calbre to the epbub format. I mainly use the native Neobrowser reading app or Moon+ Reader.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:04 AM   #21
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonbp View Post
Boox work with lots of bluetooth remotes. Get a little bluetooth controller and you can turn pages with that.
I prefer Boox Remoter
Old 04-23-2021, 07:05 AM   #22
addonnexus
addonnexus began at the beginning.

Device: Nova 3 Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I prefer Boox Remoter
it really Worth the price?

i recently bought a bluetooth ring to turn pages, i find this really useful by the little size and if i fall asleep, i have the impression that the boox remote can be too big?

here is my ring
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/40010...archweb201603_
, honestly it worth the price and it's waterproof.
addonnexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:22 AM   #23
addonnexus

here is my "tip" you can DIY an elastic strap to your boox to take it easily.
it's nothing to WOW but it's very useful since the stock Boox case don't have an elastic strap.

auto-sleep works well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	186742   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	186743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	186744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	186745  
Old 04-23-2021, 08:33 AM   #24
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by addonnexus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk
I prefer Boox Remoter
it really Worth the price?
The remoter can be used to operate the device and works not only as a page turner.
Old 05-08-2021, 03:09 PM   #25
Renate
Connoisseur
Renate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, Kobo Aura2, Poke3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
The remoter can be used to operate the device and works not only as a page turner.
I prefer a simple clicker.

I usually glue a 1/4-20 T-nut to the back of my devices so I can use a little bendy leg.
On my Poke3 I have glued it to the book cover.
I haven't made my mind up whether I like the cover or not.

I usually install a connector on my devices for the console UART.
I like to watch it boot (when I'm screwing it up).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pokestand.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	451.3 KB
ID:	187020  
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:28 AM   #26
kandwo
Connoisseur
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I have now started using syncthing to sync my library across my devices. I can now add a book to my "books" folder on any device - my computer, Hisense A5 Pro or Nova 3 - and it will sync to all the others over wifi. I should probably do this for my fonts folder, too.

I might start using this for other files, too, like podcasts and music. But that's probably better suited for a computer<->hisense sync.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:42 PM   #27
Renate
Connoisseur
Renate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, Kobo Aura2, Poke3
Well, I hope that you all ordered your device with the optional console UART!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	console.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	187098  
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 04:29 AM   #28
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
here is my "tip" you can DIY an elastic strap to your boox to take it easily.
it's nothing to WOW but it's very useful since the stock Boox case don't have an elastic strap.

auto-sleep works well.
Nice, maybe you can put on the strap also a more confortable pen holder.
I never know where to put it while holding the device in hand to read.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:51 AM   #29
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

Device: M92
Quote:

i recently bought a bluetooth ring to turn pages, i find this really useful by the little size and if i fall asleep, i have the impression that the boox remote can be too big?

do these rings work out of the box, or did you have to set some bindings of keys to actions?
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:17 AM   #30
addonnexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepau View Post
do these rings work out of the box, or did you have to set some bindings of keys to actions?
it works out of the box, and you don't have the same fonctions like the boox remote BT, BUT, actually mine stopped working after the first month, idk if it was only a defective unit or something else... I'm hesitating to buy a new one or another one