Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #31
borisb
Edge User

(Hush! You'll make a laughing stock of both of us...)

Old 01-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #32
ShiningT1g3R
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubulor View Post
I went to a Sears store so a salesperson would get a commission, rather than ordering online and having all the money going to the corporate HQ. The first one I went to was supposed to have some left in stock according to the website, but the snot-nosed high schooler I approached just said "if it's not on the shelf, we don't have it" and repeated this line after I asked him if he could check the store room to make sure they really didn't have it. I said to myself, all right dweebster, you just lost a big commission. The next morning I went to a different store, and again had to coax the rep to actually look in the stock room, where he found one.

Just a terrible company left and right.
And you wonder why businesses are struggling these days, where people bemoan the outsourcing of customer service reps just to get a few questions answered or something related to actually "working" done.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #33
Chubulor
Edge User

Thinking about it again, I guess that the big screen TVs are their real moneymakers, as they can cost $1000 and up. Traipsing all the way down to the stock room to satisfy some cheap schlub looking to spend a measly $400 might cause them to miss out on the real money.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #34
Dr. T
Edge User

Quote:
Thinking about it again, I guess that the big screen TVs are their real moneymakers, as they can cost $1000 and up. Traipsing all the way down to the stock room to satisfy some cheap schlub looking to spend a measly $400 might cause them to miss out on the real money.
Wouldn't providing a good level of customer service draw in more people, though? So, shouldn't the "schlubs" be just as important as those people dropping the big bucks? Especially if they are working on commission.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #35
borisb
Edge User

"schlubs" as in "schlubulors"...?

Good customer service starts at the head of the company. If the big guy/gal doesn't care, why should the managers? If the managers don't care, why should the workers? Caring only for big ticket customers is snobbery and will eventually bankrupt you if the bulk of sales are to the less fortunate and these sales dry up.

Last edited by borisb; 01-17-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #36
Chubulor
Edge User

My point was that while he's down in the stockroom looking for my tablet, a customer looking for a TV might go to another associate for help choosing one. In which case the act of helping me actually costs him money.

And he didn't know it, but it's highly unlikely that even wonderful customer service would have gotten me to come back to Sears to buy electronics in the future. Nearly everything electronic is cheaper to buy online. Maybe I would go there to buy a screwdriver though.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #37
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
. . .it's highly unlikely that even wonderful customer service would have gotten me to come back to Sears to buy electronics in the future. Nearly everything electronic is cheaper to buy online. Maybe I would go there to buy a screwdriver though.
The regular hand tools are great. But, I rue the day I decided to buy a wet/dry shop vac there. The model is no longer sold and only place to get air filters is at Sears. The last time I had to do it I ended up going to every store in the area until I found them all hoarded in one store's hardware department. However, most stores have tons of filters for the wet/dry shop vacs made before 1998.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #38
keng2000
Edge User

Today News, some first batch shipping pre-orders have posted their ADAM, some of them have posted the package tracking where they are.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #39
ShiningT1g3R
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
Today News, some first batch shipping pre-orders have posted their ADAM, some of them have posted the package tracking where they are.
And, there's a problem with updating the software out of the box. Notionink Fan posted that Notion Ink discovered that the update was not getting through to Adam users, so they've disabled the software update feature that you need to do once you turn it on. Although it's good that NI caught it relatively early before mass production, it looks bad on their part regardless of the reason.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #40
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I also noted a post complaining about the lack of Google Calendar sync, guess we are not the only ones.
BTW Calengoo works great.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #41
fgruber
Edge User

yeah
Calengoo is quite good. Now if we could just get contacts sync...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
I also noted a post complaining about the lack of Google Calendar sync, guess we are not the only ones.
BTW Calengoo works great.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #42
StevenP
Edge User

I am curious why this conversation is on an Entourage forum?

Old 01-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #43
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenP View Post
Because we're typically tablet enthusiasts and early adopters, many of us with multiple devices, some of which we might choose to compare to the edge?

Old 01-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #44
alefor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenP View Post
I believe that what affects the tablet market will ultimately affect all of us. Information is a good thing.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #45
canezila
Edge User

How unique is the ability to annotate to the edge? do other devices like the adam and ipad offer similar features?