Old 08-02-2022, 04:29 PM   #1
Vaccio
Vaccio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre does not start

Hello, unfortunately my calibre does not start. Enclosed the debug
Can anyone help pls?!?

calibre 6.2.1 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22000-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22000')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22000', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: de
Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\Tim\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plugin s\\DeDRM.zip'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 743, in initialize_plugins
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 64, in load_plugin
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 309, in load
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1050, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1027, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 688, in _load_unlocked
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 201, in exec_module
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 197, in get_code
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 153
print u"{0} v{1}: Copying needed library files from plugin's zip".format(PLUGIN_NAME, PLUGIN_VERSION)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print(...)?
Successfully initialized third party plugins:
Vaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:37 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That suggests a very old version of the DeDRM plugin. And I would have expected that error with calibre 5. You will need to delete the plugins file, "C:\\Users\\Tim\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plugin s\\DeDRM.zip" and that should let calibre start. Then get the latest version of the DRM removal plugins to install.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2022, 04:14 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
The latest version of DeDRM is 10.0.3. It is available at https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 01:42 PM   #4
Vaccio

Hello,
I deleted the plugin folder, unfortunately calibre still cannot be started.
What else can I do?

C:\Users\Tim>calibre-debug -g
Python 3.10.1
Old 08-03-2022, 01:53 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccio View Post
Hello,
I deleted the plugin folder, unfortunately calibre still cannot be started.
What else can I do?

C:\Users\Tim>calibre-debug -g
Python 3.10.1
Rename your configuration directory and see if Calibre starts.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2022, 03:06 PM   #6
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I wonder if this is yet another example of calibre displaying on a second monitor that is no longer there.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 04:27 PM   #7
Vaccio

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I wonder if this is yet another example of calibre displaying on a second monitor that is no longer there.

I really have a second screen, but no, theres is no processe in the task-manager.
Old 08-03-2022, 04:28 PM   #8
Vaccio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Rename your configuration directory and see if Calibre starts.
sorry, but where can i find this directory?
Old 08-03-2022, 04:44 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Windows?
C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 04:46 PM   #10
Vaccio

Quote:
no, does not start after renaming...
Old 08-03-2022, 10:36 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That indicates its crashing very early in the startup process before the Application object has even been fully constructed. If you want to debug further you will need to run from source. Its crashing somewhere between lines 1105 and 1123 in gui2/__init__.py and some print statements in those lines to see exactly where.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 05:09 AM   #12
Vaccio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That indicates its crashing very early in the startup process before the Application object has even been fully constructed. If you want to debug further you will need to run from source. Its crashing somewhere between lines 1105 and 1123 in gui2/__init__.py and some print statements in those lines to see exactly where.
Thank you, how can i do this?
Old 08-04-2022, 05:37 AM   #13
Vaccio

Quote:
Just a note... i installed some old versions...6.xx, 5.xx,4.xx ...all not working
3.48 works!!
Old 08-04-2022, 08:04 AM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html
Old 08-04-2022, 08:04 AM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Just a note... i installed some old versions...6.xx, 5.xx,4.xx ...all not working
3.48 works!!
Then I suggest you update windows and the drivers in it.