Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 11-07-2020, 09:47 AM   #1
G2B
Enthusiast
G2B began at the beginning.

Device: PC / iPad
batch processing regex search/replace?

When I edit epub ebooks, I try to make them as light as possible by removing all the tags that are not strictly necessary, usually ending up with a stylesheet with anything from 2 to 8 styles at the most for books with 1000s of pages. It can reduce the size of the ebook by half or more.

This is of course repetitive.
Is there a way to batch-process a number of search and replace commands all at once instead of having to type them in? I wouldn't be surprised if that has been included, I just haven't found it.
These are just a few of a long list that I use with every book I edit.
REPLACE
<body [^>]*>
WITH
<body class="calibre">

REPLACE WITH NOTHING
id="[^\"]*"
<a [^>]*>

REPLACE this with that
<b [^>]*> <b>
<i [^>]*> <i>
<em [^>]*> <em>

ETC. ETC.

Thank you for your time.
G2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 09:57 AM   #2
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I make each Find & Replace a Stored Search, then select a group of Stored Searches and do a [Replace All]

It's my habit to put an 'identifier' (e.g. TAG) in the title and arrange the Stored Searches to make it easy to group select them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	183277  

Last edited by phossler; 11-07-2020 at 09:59 AM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2020, 11:12 AM   #3
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
When you have a search set up, right-click on it and save it. Then you can run it from "saved searches", or edit it and then run it, and so on. You can select several saved searches and run them all with one click (with due care).

Your examples and those of @phossler look a lot like mine, and other lists I've seen...we all seem to end up dong the same sorts of things, if in slightly different ways.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 01:51 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
As an alternative, you could use Sigil as your editor and use the cssRemoveUnusedSelectors to remove unused items from stylesheets and cssUndefinedClasses to remove unused classes and ids from the html files.

One of the reasons I use both Sigil and calibre's editor.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 02:00 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As an alternative, you could use Sigil as your editor and use the cssRemoveUnusedSelectors to remove unused items from stylesheets and cssUndefinedClasses to remove unused classes and ids from the html files.

One of the reasons I use both Sigil and calibre's editor.
Calibre editor has that also. The Icon looks like a black square (next to the Tulip)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2020, 02:11 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre editor has that also. The Icon looks like a black square (next to the Tulip)
I've had some oddities with those blasted Vellum stylesheets using Remove unused CSS rules. I was not aware that it would also remove unused id items from the HTML files (Vellum is extremely fond of adding unused items for some reason only known to it's programmers and their psychiatrists ).

I was running it from the Tools menu with an icon looking like an eraser. If I enable the Tools toolbar, it's between Smarten punctuation with it's curly closing quote icon (might look like two tulips) and the Reports option
Old 11-07-2020, 03:05 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I've had some oddities with those blasted Vellum stylesheets using Remove unused CSS rules. I was not aware that it would also remove unused id items from the HTML files (Vellum is extremely fond of adding unused items for some reason only known to it's programmers and their psychiatrists ).

I was running it from the Tools menu with an icon looking like an eraser. If I enable the Tools toolbar, it's between Smarten punctuation with it's curly closing quote icon (might look like two tulips) and the Reports option
My mistake, it does not remove unused ID (but I have not seen Sigil do that either)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 08:10 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
My mistake, it does not remove unused ID (but I have not seen Sigil do that either)
cssRemoveUndefinedClasses is the plugin that handles that task for Sigil. This is one of the reasons I use both editors since each has strengths. I've attached a sample image after clicking proceed in cssRemoveUndefinedClasses's popup.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cssUndefindClasses.png
Views:	206
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	183287  
Old 11-08-2020, 12:57 AM   #9
G2B
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
I make each Find & Replace a Stored Search,
Thank you.
This was indeed new for me and it will be helpful to have this in the editor. I currently keep my list of expressions in a Word-file and have to copy/paste everything.

I tried to save a search and the first one <body [^>]*> to <body class="calibre"> saves OK and shows up in new pop-up window.

However, with the second expression to remove the IDs [ id="[^\"]*"] I have to leave the 'replace with' field blank.
The editor refuses to save that and all the other 'replace-with-nothings' in the list. At least, they don't show in my list. ???

I'll keep experimenting with this, maybe try to include a tag bracket or space that I repeat in the 2nd field to see if it will save then.

I have no problem getting rid of unused css. the Calibre editor does that very efficiently. I would love if it could merge with a little bit more ruthless efficiency, e.g. bring ALL the italics rules together in one rule, all the bolds in one rule instead of having like 50 different rules for each when I merge books.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:25 AM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2B View Post
I have no problem getting rid of unused css. the Calibre editor does that very efficiently. I would love if it could merge with a little bit more ruthless efficiency, e.g. bring ALL the italics rules together in one rule, all the bolds in one rule instead of having like 50 different rules for each when I merge books.
Perhaps an automated fix for those books where the p tag setup in the stylesheet includes "font-size: 1em;" and then every blasted paragraph has a <p><span class="block2"> and in the stylesheet, block2 has "font-size: 1em;" as it's only entry.

My issue with cleaning stylesheets with the calibre editor is that at time, it's removal of unused css gets too efficient when someone has gotten too cute with their css. The type of stylesheet where you have to parse multiple entries with a lot of them involving media queries and a love for ::.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:56 AM   #11
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you.

However, with the second expression to remove the IDs [ id="[^\"]*"] I have to leave the 'replace with' field blank.
The editor refuses to save that and all the other 'replace-with-nothings' in the list. At least, they don't show in my list. ???
I have many 'replace with nothing' saved searches
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	183295  
Old 11-09-2020, 11:24 PM   #12
G2B
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
I have many 'replace with nothing' saved searches

I wasn't aware I had to name each and every one of the saved searches, then click 'done' to save it. That's why the other ones didn't get added. I did finally figure it out and was able to make a small list.

Which makes me wonder about the next logical question following retiredbiker's comment,
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbiker View Post
Your examples and those of @phossler look a lot like mine, and other lists I've seen...we all seem to end up dong the same sorts of things, if in slightly different ways.
Rather than reinventing the wheel, are there any such saved listings available from people who've shared theirs? I'd love to look through them to get more ideas of what all is possible with these search/replace. I know I've just begun to see the tip of the iceberg.

Again, Thanks all. This will save me a lot of repetition and will allow me to get more done in a shorter time.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:29 AM   #13
phossler
Wizard

The Saved Searches list box is really one dimensional. I wish that there was a way to make it into an expandable 'tree' to improve the organization structure.

My workaround is to use a 'Heading' in the title (TAG - ..., DELETE - ..., PROMOTE - ..., etc.) and manually arrange the SS into 'blocks' (like example in post 2) to select multiples and run a bunch at once
Old 11-10-2020, 08:39 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Perhaps an automated fix for those books where the p tag setup in the stylesheet includes "font-size: 1em;" and then every blasted paragraph has a <p><span class="block2"> and in the stylesheet, block2 has "font-size: 1em;" as it's only entry.

My issue with cleaning stylesheets with the calibre editor is that at time, it's removal of unused css gets too efficient when someone has gotten too cute with their css. The type of stylesheet where you have to parse multiple entries with a lot of them involving media queries and a love for ::.
I've seen a number of Kindle eBooks where there are just way way too many media queries.

Here's some CSS from a Kindle eBook made with Vellum. It's one of two CSS files. This one is just media queries. It's terrible.

Code:
/*
 * THREE LITTLE PIGS
 * Stylesheet generated by Vellum
 */

@media  not amzn-mobi {
    p span.last-word, li span.lastword {
        -webkit-hyphenate-limit-after: 7;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element .section-title {
        font-size: 100%;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    span.monospace, span.monospace b {
        font-family: Courier, monospace;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    span.sans-serif, span.sans-serif b {
        font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    }
}
@media  screen and (max-width: 420px) {
    ul, ol {
        padding-right: 0px;
    }
}
    blockquote.verse {
        padding-left: 1.5em;
        padding-right: 1.5em;
    }
}
@media  all {
    span.last-word-with-trailing-em-dash {
        white-space: nowrap;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    a, a * {
        color: rgb(36, 39, 116);
    }
}
@media all{
    div a.link-contains-image {
        text-decoration: none !important;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
        margin-top: 1.4em;
        padding-top: 0.7em;
        padding-bottom: 0.7em;
        margin-bottom: 0px;
    }
}

@media  not amzn-mobi {
    blockquote p {
        hyphens: manual;
        adobe-hyphenate: none;
        -webkit-hyphens: manual;
    }
}
    p.blockquote-attribution {
        margin-left: 0em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-bodymatter .text > .implicit-break {
        margin-top: 0px;
        height: 1.4em;
        margin-bottom: 1.4em;
        clear: both;
    }
}

@media  not amzn-mobi {
    blockquote.prose.keep-lines-on-same-page p, blockquote.verse.keep-lines-on-same-page .stanza, blockquote.keep-lines-on-same-page .paragraph-and-attribution, div.alignment-block.keep-lines-on-same-page .text-block, ul.keep-lines-on-same-page, ol.keep-lines-on-same-page {
        page-break-inside: avoid;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .alignment-block, blockquote, .ornamental-break, .section-title .endnotes {
        clear: both;
    }
}

@media  not amzn-mobi {
    img.low-res {
        display: none;
    }
}

@media  screen and (max-height: 580px) {
    .element-type-dedication.element-without-heading {
        margin-top: 7em;
    }
}
    .element-type-epigraph.element-without-heading {
        margin-top: 7em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-dedication p, .element-container-single.element-type-epigraph p {
        hyphens: manual;
        -webkit-hyphens: manual;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-also-by .heading {
        min-height: inherit;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-also-by .heading .title-subtitle-block, .element-container-single.element-type-also-by .heading .title-subtitle-block .title-block, .element-container-single.element-type-also-by .heading .title-subtitle-block .element-number-block {
        padding-top: 0px;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-also-by .heading .heading-contents {
        padding-top: 2em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-blurbs .heading {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-blurbs .heading .title-subtitle-block, .element-container-single.element-type-blurbs .heading .title-subtitle-block .title-block, .element-container-single.element-type-blurbs .heading .title-subtitle-block .element-number-block {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-blurbs .heading .heading-contents {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-endnotes .heading {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-endnotes .heading .title-subtitle-block, .element-container-single.element-type-endnotes .heading .title-subtitle-block .title-block, .element-container-single.element-type-endnotes .heading .title-subtitle-block .element-number-block {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-endnotes .heading .heading-contents {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-also-by .heading .title-block, .element-container-single.element-type-blurbs .heading .title-block {
        font-size: 90%;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-also-by .subhead {
        text-align: center;
    }
}
    p.also-by-content {
        margin-bottom: 0.25em;
    }
}

@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-blurbs blockquote {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc .toc-contents {
        padding-left: 5%;
        padding-right: 5%;
    }
}
    .element-type-toc .toc-contents {
        padding-left: 0%;
        padding-right: 0%;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc div.toc-heading {
        margin-left: 6%;
        margin-right: 6%;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc h1.toc-title {
        margin-right: 0px;
        margin-left: 0px;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc p {
        text-align: left;
        hyphens: none;
        -webkit-hyphens: none;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc .toc-item {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc .item-number {
        font-size: 80%;
        padding-right: 0.3em;
        text-indent: 0px;
        padding-left: 0px;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc .toc-item-element-type-part .item-number {
        font-size: 70%;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc .item-children {
        margin-left: 1.5rem;
        margin-bottom: 0.5em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc .toc-item.has-no-children .item-title {
        text-indent: -1.5rem;
        padding-left: 1.5rem;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc .toc-frontmatter-group {
        margin-bottom: 0.75em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc .toc-backmatter-group {
        margin-top: 0.75em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc .toc-item-element-type-volume.has-children {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc .toc-item.has-author {
        margin-bottom: 0.5em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc p {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc .item-author, .element-type-toc .item-subtitle {
        font-size: 75%;
        margin-top: 0.1em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc .toc-item.has-leading-number .item-author, .element-type-toc .toc-item.has-leading-number .item-subtitle {
        margin-left: 1.5rem;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-toc .item-subtitle {
        font-style: italic;
    }
}

@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-about-author .heading {
        min-height: 6em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-about-author .heading .title-subtitle-block, .element-container-single.element-type-about-author .heading .title-subtitle-block .title-block, .element-container-single.element-type-about-author .heading .title-subtitle-block .element-number-block {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-about-author .heading .heading-contents {
        padding-top: 3em;
    }
}
    .element-container-single.element-type-about-author .heading {
        min-height: 4em;
    }
}
    .element-container-single.element-type-about-author .heading .title-subtitle-block, .element-container-single.element-type-about-author .heading .title-subtitle-block .title-block, .element-container-single.element-type-about-author .heading .title-subtitle-block .element-number-block {
    }
}
    .element-container-single.element-type-about-author .heading .heading-contents {
        padding-top: 1.25em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-about-author .heading-without-image .title-subtitle-block {
        min-height: 0px;
        padding-right: 0px;
        padding-bottom: 0px;
        padding-left: 0px;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-about-author p, .element-container-single.element-type-about-author li {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .social-media-profiles .social-profile a {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .social-media-profiles .social-profile .social-profile-image {
        height: auto;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .social-media-profiles .social-profile .social-profile-image {
        width: 1.8em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .social-media-profiles.as-icons .social-profile {
        display: inline;
        padding-left: 0.05em;
        padding-right: 0.05em;
    }
}
@media all{
    .social-media-profiles.as-icons .social-profile {
        padding-left: 0.15em;
        padding-right: 0.15em;
    }
}

@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-copyright ul {
        margin-top: 0.5em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-copyright .heading {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-copyright .heading .title-subtitle-block, .element-container-single.element-type-copyright .heading .title-subtitle-block .title-block, .element-container-single.element-type-copyright .heading .title-subtitle-block .element-number-block {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-type-copyright .heading .heading-contents {
    }
}
    .element-type-copyright.element-without-heading {
        margin-top: 1em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-copyright .created-with-vellum {
        padding-top: 0.5em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-copyright .created-with-vellum a {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-copyright .created-with-vellum-text {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-copyright .created-with-vellum-text {
        color: rgb(51, 51, 51);
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    div.title-page .title-page-title-subtitle-block, section.title-page .title-page-title-subtitle-block {
    }
}
@media  screen and (min-height: 720px) {
    div.title-page-contributor-block {
        margin-bottom: 3em;
    }
}
@media  screen and (min-height: 720px) {
    .titlepage-several-secondary-contributors div.title-page-contributor-block {
        margin-bottom: 2em;
    }
}
@media  screen and (max-height: 640px) {
    div.title-page-title-subtitle-block {
        min-height: 100px;
        margin-top: 80px;
    }
}
@media  screen and (max-height: 640px) {
        min-height: 60px;
    }
}
        min-height: 80px;
        margin-top: 80px;
    }
}
        min-height: 3em;
    }
}
@media  screen and (max-height: 420px) {
        min-height: 2em;
        margin-top: 2em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .titlepage-several-primary-contributors .title-page-contributor {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .titlepage-several-primary-contributors .title-page-contributor-without-introduction {
        display: inline-block;
        padding-left: 0.5em;
        padding-right: 0.5em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .titlepage-several-secondary-contributors span.title-page-contributor-introduction {
        display: inline;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    img.title-page-publisher-logo-image {
        width: 100%;
        vertical-align: middle;
    }
}
@media  screen and (max-height: 580px), screen and (max-width: 420px) {
    h1.title-page-title {
        font-size: 110%;
    }
}
    h2.title-page-subtitle {
    }
}
    h2.title-page-contributor-primary {
    }
}
    h2.title-page-contributor-secondary {
    }
}
    .titlepage-several-primary-contributors .title-page-contributor {
    }
}
    .titlepage-several-primary-contributors .title-page-contributor-without-introduction {
        padding-left: 0.4em;
        padding-right: 0.4em;
    }
}
    h2.title-page-publisher {
        font-size: 70%;
    }
}

@media  not amzn-mobi {
    div.title-page, section.title-page {
        margin-right: 2%;
        margin-left: 2%;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    div.title-page-publisher-logo-block.title-page-publisher-logo-aspect-wide {
        width: 32%;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    div.title-page-publisher-logo-block.title-page-publisher-logo-aspect-square {
        width: 36.5%;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    div.title-page-publisher-logo-block.title-page-publisher-logo-aspect-tall {
        width: 48%;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
        font-family: Quicksand, sans-serif;
        font-weight: 400;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-group .heading {
        margin-bottom: 3em;
    }
}
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
        min-height: 15em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-group .heading .heading-contents {
        padding-top: 4em;
    }
}
        min-height: 11em;
    }
}
    .element-container-group .heading .heading-contents {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    img.heading-image-image {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-group .heading .title {
        font-size: 150%;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-group .heading .element-number {
        font-size: 130%;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-group .heading .subtitle {
        margin-top: 1.3em;
        margin-bottom: 1.5em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-group .heading .author {
        margin-top: 1.3em;
        font-size: 120%;
        text-transform: uppercase;
    }
}
    }
}
    .element-container-group .heading .element-number {
    }
}
    }
}
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-group .heading-image-block {
        display: block;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-group .heading-image-block-before-heading-number {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-group .heading-image-block-after-heading-number {
        margin-top: 1.5em;
        margin-bottom: 1.3em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-group .heading-image-block-after-title-and-subtitle {
    }
}

@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single .heading {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single .heading h1.title, .element-container-single .heading div.element-number, .element-container-single .heading h1.number-and-title, .element-container-single .heading h2.subtitle, .element-container-single .heading h2.author {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
        min-height: 12em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single .heading-without-image .heading-contents {
        padding-top: 5em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single .heading-with-image .heading-contents {
    }
}
        min-height: 10em;
    }
}
        padding-top: 2.5em;
    }
}
        padding-top: 1em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single .heading-image-block {
        display: block;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single .heading-image-block-before-element-number {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single .heading-image-block-after-element-number {
        margin-bottom: 1.3em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single .heading-image-block-after-title-and-subtitle {
    }
}
    }
}
        padding-top: 1em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element .heading .element-number, .element .heading .title, .element .heading .number-and-title, .element .heading .subtitle, .element .heading .author {
        letter-spacing: 0.04em;
        margin-right: 0px;
        margin-left: 0px;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single .heading .subtitle {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single .heading .author {
        margin-top: 1.25em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
        letter-spacing: 0.05em;
        margin-top: 0.4em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
        margin-top: 1em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-volume .heading .element-number, .element-type-volume .heading .title-block-title-is-element-number .title, .element-type-volume .heading .title-block-without-element-number .title {
        padding-bottom: 0.5em;
        border-top-width: 1px;
        border-right-width: 1px;
        border-bottom-width: 1px;
        border-left-width: 1px;
        border-bottom-style: solid;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-type-volume .heading .element-number, .element-type-volume .heading .title-block-title-is-element-number .title, .element-type-volume .heading .title-block-without-element-number .title {
        border-top-color: rgb(102, 102, 102);
        border-right-color: rgb(102, 102, 102);
        border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102);
        border-left-color: rgb(102, 102, 102);
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-bodymatter .heading .element-number-block, .element-type-foreword .heading .element-number-block, .element-type-introduction .heading .element-number-block, .element-type-preface .heading .element-number-block, .element-type-afterword .heading .element-number-block, .element-type-acknowledgments .heading .element-number-block, .element-type-none .heading .element-number-block {
        min-height: 1.5em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single .heading .element-number {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single .heading .title {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single .heading .subtitle {
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single .heading-image-block-after-element-number {
        margin-top: 0.5em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-bodymatter p.first-in-chapter::first-line, .element-container-single.element-bodymatter p.first-in-chapter span.first-phrase {
        font-variant-numeric: normal;
        font-variant: small-caps;
        font-variant-alternates: normal;
        font-variant-position: normal;
        font-variant-east-asian: normal;
        letter-spacing: 0.04em;
        font-variant-ligatures: none;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .element-container-single.element-bodymatter p.first-in-section span.first-phrase {
        font-size: 97%;
        letter-spacing: 0.03em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    div.ornamental-break-block {
        width: 11.2em;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    img.ornamental-break-image {
        vertical-align: top;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    p.ornamental-break-as-text {
        display: none;
    }
}

@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .publisher-logo-width-500 {
        width: 50%;
    }
}
@media  not amzn-mobi {
    .ornamental-break-width-563 {
        width: 56.3%;
    }
}
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:22 PM   #15
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Rather than reinventing the wheel, are there any such saved listings available from people who've shared theirs?
There is actually a sticky for that: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=237181

I think a problem is, especially for regex searches, they can be dangerous. I may save one, knowing I can safely run it on this book, but it will destroy that book. Or I may expect to edit a search every time I need it, but someone else may not realise that, and it will fail.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batch-process commands, editor