Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-24-2017, 09:39 PM   #1
rguion
Zealot
rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Technical problems updating Kindle books?

I am a big fan of Brandon Sanderson and bought the Kindle version of his latest epic, Oathbringer, on release day, November 14th. I also got the audible version the same day, looking forward to whispersync between the 2 formats.

It wasn't available. Apparently this was a mistake with the metadata on the ebook or it wasn't done in time. I saw on my "Manage Content" page there was an update available. I pressed Update, it reported there was an error doing so. I tried several times. Then I called customer service, who said it was a server issue and to try the next day. I tried today and it still did not work. After 2 separate calls, one nearly 1 hour with someone who does not understand what whisper sync is, she deleted the original ebook, refunded it, and then had me buy the updated Kindle book.

On my Kindle iOS app it worked perfectly, but on my new 2017 Kindle Oasis, it did not. I did not see the headphone icon next to the book indicating the audio version was available. I tried explaining this to the customer service rep, but they did not understand at all what the issue was. They tried transferring to the audible support team. I gave up.

Finally in desperation, I did a device reset on the Oasis and then afterward, Oathbringer was available to download - along with the audible version.

Anyone else experience similar problems this week?
rguion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert