Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Which device do you spend the most time with?
Smartphone 22 21.36%
Laptop 12 11.65%
Desktop computer 24 23.30%
Gaming console 0 0%
Tablet 20 19.42%
Dedicated e-reader 22 21.36%
TV 1 0.97%
Radio 1 0.97%
Others: please mention 1 0.97%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2017, 09:15 PM   #1
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Which device do you spend the most time with?

Out of the preceding devices, which one do you spend the most time with? If you spend equal time with more than one device, choose the one that is the most important to you.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Which one do you use most?
I put tablet because I use one for pretty much everything.
I don't consider most of your list devices.
Cinisajoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:50 PM   #3
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
As the question is worded I have to vote for laptop (actually, a Chromebook).

I do much more work on my desktop. I probably spend 6 to 10 hours listening to music on an MP3 player and maybe a little more than that reading on a dedicated ereader. I do essentially all of my recreational reading on a dedicated ereader.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:07 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, 2 Kindle Fire HDs, Nexus 7, 3 Phablets
This Moto E I'm typing on. The Second would be my Nexus 7 tablet.

I'm using Tapatalk so I'm guessing there is a poll I can't see.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:08 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This Moto E I'm typing on. The Second would be my Nexus 7 tablet.

I'm using Tapatalk so I'm guessing there is a poll I can't see.

Sent from my XT1528
Yes, there is.
Advert
Old 07-11-2017, 04:38 AM   #6
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Surely, with the way the question is worded, the answer for virtually everyone should be smartphone - on the basis that it is always with you.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:45 AM   #7
coracora
coracora began at the beginning.

Device: none
Definitely smartphone.
coracora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:58 AM   #8
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini, Nexus 7 2
I voted tablet, since it's what I use to read on and sometimes access the web.

I use my smartphone for more web-related stuff and actual phone calls.

But I still do most of my internet access stuff on my PC and/or laptop.

Plus I often use more than one of these devices at the same time, so there really is no single answer.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:40 AM   #9
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML
I spend most of the time on my laptop. Nights are particularly reserved for the eReader. Phone comes the third, which I use only to make calls and send txt occasionally.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:54 AM   #10
spindlegirl
I love my Kindle
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (main), Moto X Play, Lenovo Tablet
Technically, I have my Motorola X Play with me all the time, so I clicked that. But, my reading is divided pretty much 50/50 between that and my Paperwhite. I read in bed with the PW.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:55 AM   #11
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Surely, with the way the question is worded, the answer for virtually everyone should be smartphone - on the basis that it is always with you.
Depends...

I assumed "with" to mean "use", so I picked ereader.

If the question actually meant "with", than probably a TV, as there is one in the rooms I'm in the most (including the bedroom). I'm guessing ereader would be second, as it is on my nightstand.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:13 AM   #12
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Depends...

I assumed "with" to mean "use", so I picked ereader.

If the question actually meant "with", than probably a TV, as there is one in the rooms I'm in the most (including the bedroom). I'm guessing ereader would be second, as it is on my nightstand.
If we are going with the word "with" it would be everything but the desktop.
To the one that said smatphone, my tablet is usually with me.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:22 AM   #13
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
My smartphone.
Then, work computer.

For reading, my cybook.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:42 AM   #14
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD & iPad
If it is all time I spend (with work and all), it is laptop; but if you are asking about leisure, handheld consoles and ebook reader.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:48 AM   #15
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color / Nook HD+ / Surface Pro 4
I said tablet because I read one my Surface Pro 4. My PC would be a close second.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote