Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #1
oren64
I ❤ Reading
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
oren64's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,551
Karma: 32688623
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Israel
Device: kobo glo
Instructions for patching firmware 4.3.9084

See the Kobo firmware 4.3.9084 discussion thread for information about what has changed in this firmware version.

See the Index to the Metazoa firmware patches thread for a description of what some of these patches do.


Before starting:

1. Make sure your Kobo ereader is already running firmware version 4.3.9084 (59faa7bc47). If not, then you need to upgrade before applying this patch.

2. Check that your battery is well charged.


Patching from Windows, Linux (i386/x86_64), or Mac (OS X 10.8-10.9, i386/x86_64):

1. Download and extract patch_kobo_4039084.zip (attached).

2. Download the Kobo firmware archive version 4.3.9084 for your device (See this thread) and copy it into the 4.3.9084_source/ subdirectory. (Don't unzip the firmware.)

3. Read and edit all the *.patch files in the 4.3.9084_source/ subdirectory in order to: choose which patches to enable (patch_enable=`yes`) or disable (patch_enable=`no`); and to change some of the replacement values to suit your device and preferences.

4. In Windows double-click 4.3.9084bat; For Linux/Mac open a terminal, change to the patch_kobo_4039084/ subdirectory, and run ./4.3.9084.sh from the command line.
5. If there were no errors, copy the resulting KoboRoot.tgz from the 4.3.9084_target/ subdirectory to the .kobo directory on your ereader.

6. Safely eject and unplug the device, which will then update and restart.


To return your ereader to its original unpatched state:

1. Edit all the 4.3.9084_source/*.patch files to disable all patches (set patch_enable = `no` for every patch).

2. Repeat steps 4-6 of the procedure above.


Note that the following patches are enabled by default:

`Fix page breaks bug`
`Default ePub monospace font (Courier)`
`Custom left & right margins`
`Custom page refresh options`
`Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs`
Attached Files
File Type: zip patch_kobo_4039084.zip (496.5 KB, 267 views)

Last edited by oren64; 04-16-2017 at 01:07 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2017, 11:58 AM   #2
oren64
I ❤ Reading
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
oren64's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,551
Karma: 32688623
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Israel
Device: kobo glo
Notes:

Be extra careful checking the version number of the firmware your device is running. There have been a lot of different 4.3 versions released, and the version number on the device must match exactly with the version number used for patching.


As GeoffR sayed here.

I make this patcher until GeoffR will get a new PC.


Patches that missing:
`My 24 line spacing values`
`Freedom to advanced fonts control`
`Allow download all in Browser`
`ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins`
`Set KePub hyphenation`
`Always display chapter name on navigation menu`


If anyone has other patches for firmware 4.3.9084, post them in this thread and I'll add a link to this post.

Last edited by oren64; 04-12-2017 at 03:32 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:01 PM   #3
mathil
Connoisseur
mathil can differentiate black from dark navy bluemathil can differentiate black from dark navy bluemathil can differentiate black from dark navy bluemathil can differentiate black from dark navy bluemathil can differentiate black from dark navy bluemathil can differentiate black from dark navy bluemathil can differentiate black from dark navy bluemathil can differentiate black from dark navy bluemathil can differentiate black from dark navy bluemathil can differentiate black from dark navy bluemathil can differentiate black from dark navy blue
 
Posts: 94
Karma: 13112
Join Date: Sep 2014
Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Thank you for your work. I applied the patch to my H2O, including 'My 24 line spacing values' and "Freedom to advanced fonts control", used the same settings as usual (the default ones already present in the file). Opening a KEPUB file, any file, causes an instant reboot of the device, unfortunately. I'm afraid I cannot do any further testing as I don't have time right now.

Also, I'd like to point out that unlike the patch for the former firmware, most of the patches present in the nickel.patch file are set to 'yes' instead of 'no' -- including 'Removing footer', 'Reducing header by 50%', 'Custom line-spacing in details box', the dictionary one etc. As I'm not interested in any of these I had to set them all to 'no', but I almost didn't notice, so I thought I would point that out and maybe suggest that all of these patches are set to 'no' on default, as they are very user-specific and I think only a minority of users are interested in all of them.

Last edited by mathil; 04-12-2017 at 01:05 PM.
mathil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #4
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Martina Schein's Avatar
 
Posts: 85
Karma: 234148
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Saarbruecken / DE
Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Thank you for your work. I applied the patch to my H2O, including 'My 24 line spacing values' and "Freedom to advanced fonts control", used the same settings as usual (the default ones already present in the file). Opening a KEPUB file, any file, causes an instant reboot of the device, unfortunately. I'm afraid I cannot do any further testing as I don't have time right now.
The same on my H2O and Glo and Glo HD. However, if I activate the option 'My 10 line spacing values', everything will work again.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #5
oren64
I ❤ Reading
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
oren64's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,551
Karma: 32688623
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Israel
Device: kobo glo
Thanks for testing, so the problem is with 'My 24 line spacing values' and not "Freedom to advanced fonts control"?

please try this patch:

`My 24 line spacing values`

Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `My 24 line spacing values` 
patch_enable = `yes`
# patch_group = `Line spacing values alternatives`
#
## This patch changes the values on the line spacing adjustment slider,
## increasing the number of spacing options from 15 to 24, and allowing
## much narrower spacing values to be set.
#
# save r5, initialise loop counter
replace_bytes = 611D98, 71 4B C7 E9 02 23, BD 60 00 25 ED 00
# loop to load 14 vals from new table 4e36bc
replace_bytes = 611D9E, D1 F6 28 ED 5B A3, 20 46 03 A1 29 44
replace_bytes = 611DA4, D3 E9 00 23, D1 F6 26 ED
replace_bytes = 611DA8, 07 F1 80 01 20 46, 08 35 70 2D F7 D1
# jump over new table
replace_bytes = 611DAE, 61 E9, 78 E0
# new table: 14 8-aligned doubles
base_address = 611DB0
replace_bytes = 0000, 1C 23 D1 F6 1E ED 58 A3, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0008, D3 E9 00 23 07 F1 80 01, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0010, 20 46 61 E9 1A 23 D1 F6, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0018, 14 ED 55 A3 D3 E9 00 23, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0020, 07 F1 80 01 20 46 61 E9, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0028, 18 23 D1 F6 0A ED 61 4B, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0030, 07 F1 80 01 4F F0 33 32, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0038, 20 46 61 E9 16 23 D1 F6, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0040, 00 ED 4D A3 D3 E9 00 23, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0048, 07 F1 80 01 20 46 61 E9, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0050, 14 23 D1 F6 F6 EC 58 4B, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0058, 07 F1 80 01 00 22 20 46, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0060, 61 E9 12 23 D1 F6 EC EC, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0068, 45 A3 D3 E9 00 23 07 F1, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
base_address = 00000000
# initialise loop counter
replace_bytes = 611EA0, D1 F6 A6 EC, 00 BF 00 25
# loop to load 10 vals from old table
replace_bytes = 611E54, 3A A3 D3 E9 00 23, 20 46 1A A1 29 44
replace_bytes = 611E5A, 07 F1 80 01, D1 F6 A4 EC
replace_bytes = 611E5E, 20 46 61 E9 0A 23, 08 35 50 2D F7 D1
# restore r5
replace_bytes = 611EB4, 9E EC, BD 68
# continue at 611F26
#
#
# Replacement value: the number of initial line spacing values to exclude from
# the line spacing slider; minimum 0, maximum 13. E.g. 9 will result in a
# slider with 15 positions, starting from the 10th replace_float value below.
replace_int = 611D9A, 0, 0
#
# 24 replacement line spacing values: change these replace_float values to suit
# your device and preferences:
#
base_address = 611DB0
replace_float = 0000, 1.0, 0.75
replace_float = 0008, 1.0, 0.78
replace_float = 0010, 1.0, 0.8
replace_float = 0018, 1.0, 0.82
replace_float = 0020, 1.0, 0.84
replace_float = 0028, 1.0, 0.86
replace_float = 0030, 1.0, 0.88
replace_float = 0038, 1.0, 0.9
replace_float = 0040, 1.0, 0.92
replace_float = 0048, 1.0, 0.94
replace_float = 0050, 1.0, 0.96
replace_float = 0058, 1.0, 0.98
replace_float = 0060, 1.0, 1.0
replace_float = 0068, 1.0, 1.02
base_address = 611F10
replace_float = 0000, 1.05, 1.05
replace_float = 0008, 1.07, 1.07
replace_float = 0010, 1.1, 1.1
replace_float = 0018, 1.35, 1.15
replace_float = 0020, 1.7, 1.2
replace_float = 0028, 1.8, 1.25
replace_float = 0030, 2.2, 1.3
replace_float = 0038, 2.4, 1.35
replace_float = 0040, 2.6, 1.4
replace_float = 0048, 2.8, 1.5
#
# The first 14 replacement values above should allow the line spacing to be
# adjusted in increments of one pixel when using a medium sized font on a high
# resolution device. If you use a smaller font size and/or a lower resolution
# device you might find that increasing the slider one step at a time doesn't
# always result in a line spacing increase at each step. In that case, you
# might want to use replacement values that are not quite so close together.
#
# For example: (I use these values on my 758x1024 Glo)
#
#  0.7 0.725 0.75 0.775 0.8 0.825 0.85 0.875 0.9 0.925 0.95 0.975 1.0 1.025 ...
#
# or: (these might better suit the 600x800 Touch)
#
#  0.6 0.633 0.667 0.7 0.733 0.767 0.8 0.833 0.867 9.0 9.33 9.67 1.0 1.025 ...
#
</patch>

Last edited by oren64; 04-12-2017 at 01:42 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #6
Number9
Connoisseur
Number9 lived happily ever after.Number9 lived happily ever after.Number9 lived happily ever after.Number9 lived happily ever after.Number9 lived happily ever after.Number9 lived happily ever after.Number9 lived happily ever after.Number9 lived happily ever after.Number9 lived happily ever after.Number9 lived happily ever after.Number9 lived happily ever after.
 
Posts: 51
Karma: 108914
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Sweden
Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
I applied the "Freedom to advanced fonts control"-patch and it's working until I try to click on the sideloaded font's "Advanced" button, then the device restarts.
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #7
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Martina Schein's Avatar
 
Posts: 85
Karma: 234148
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Saarbruecken / DE
Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Thanks for testing, so the problem is with 'My 24 line spacing values' and not "Freedom to advanced fonts control"?

please try this patch:

`My 24 line spacing values`

Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `My 24 line spacing values` 
patch_enable = `yes`
# patch_group = `Line spacing values alternatives`
#
## This patch changes the values on the line spacing adjustment slider,
## increasing the number of spacing options from 15 to 24, and allowing
## much narrower spacing values to be set.
#
# save r5, initialise loop counter
replace_bytes = 611D98, 71 4B C7 E9 02 23, BD 60 00 25 ED 00
# loop to load 14 vals from new table 4e36bc
replace_bytes = 611D9E, D1 F6 28 ED 5B A3, 20 46 03 A1 29 44
replace_bytes = 611DA4, D3 E9 00 23, D1 F6 26 ED
replace_bytes = 611DA8, 07 F1 80 01 20 46, 08 35 70 2D F7 D1
# jump over new table
replace_bytes = 611DAE, 61 E9, 78 E0
# new table: 14 8-aligned doubles
base_address = 611DB0
replace_bytes = 0000, 1C 23 D1 F6 1E ED 58 A3, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0008, D3 E9 00 23 07 F1 80 01, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0010, 20 46 61 E9 1A 23 D1 F6, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0018, 14 ED 55 A3 D3 E9 00 23, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0020, 07 F1 80 01 20 46 61 E9, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0028, 18 23 D1 F6 0A ED 61 4B, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0030, 07 F1 80 01 4F F0 33 32, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0038, 20 46 61 E9 16 23 D1 F6, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0040, 00 ED 4D A3 D3 E9 00 23, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0048, 07 F1 80 01 20 46 61 E9, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0050, 14 23 D1 F6 F6 EC 58 4B, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0058, 07 F1 80 01 00 22 20 46, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0060, 61 E9 12 23 D1 F6 EC EC, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
replace_bytes = 0068, 45 A3 D3 E9 00 23 07 F1, 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
base_address = 00000000
# initialise loop counter
replace_bytes = 611EA0, D1 F6 A6 EC, 00 BF 00 25
# loop to load 10 vals from old table
replace_bytes = 611E54, 3A A3 D3 E9 00 23, 20 46 1A A1 29 44
replace_bytes = 611E5A, 07 F1 80 01, D1 F6 A4 EC
replace_bytes = 611E5E, 20 46 61 E9 0A 23, 08 35 50 2D F7 D1
# restore r5
replace_bytes = 611EB4, 9E EC, BD 68
# continue at 611F26
#
#
# Replacement value: the number of initial line spacing values to exclude from
# the line spacing slider; minimum 0, maximum 13. E.g. 9 will result in a
# slider with 15 positions, starting from the 10th replace_float value below.
replace_int = 611D9A, 0, 0
#
# 24 replacement line spacing values: change these replace_float values to suit
# your device and preferences:
#
base_address = 611DB0
replace_float = 0000, 1.0, 0.75
replace_float = 0008, 1.0, 0.78
replace_float = 0010, 1.0, 0.8
replace_float = 0018, 1.0, 0.82
replace_float = 0020, 1.0, 0.84
replace_float = 0028, 1.0, 0.86
replace_float = 0030, 1.0, 0.88
replace_float = 0038, 1.0, 0.9
replace_float = 0040, 1.0, 0.92
replace_float = 0048, 1.0, 0.94
replace_float = 0050, 1.0, 0.96
replace_float = 0058, 1.0, 0.98
replace_float = 0060, 1.0, 1.0
replace_float = 0068, 1.0, 1.02
base_address = 611F10
replace_float = 0000, 1.05, 1.05
replace_float = 0008, 1.07, 1.07
replace_float = 0010, 1.1, 1.1
replace_float = 0018, 1.35, 1.15
replace_float = 0020, 1.7, 1.2
replace_float = 0028, 1.8, 1.25
replace_float = 0030, 2.2, 1.3
replace_float = 0038, 2.4, 1.35
replace_float = 0040, 2.6, 1.4
replace_float = 0048, 2.8, 1.5
#
# The first 14 replacement values above should allow the line spacing to be
# adjusted in increments of one pixel when using a medium sized font on a high
# resolution device. If you use a smaller font size and/or a lower resolution
# device you might find that increasing the slider one step at a time doesn't
# always result in a line spacing increase at each step. In that case, you
# might want to use replacement values that are not quite so close together.
#
# For example: (I use these values on my 758x1024 Glo)
#
#  0.7 0.725 0.75 0.775 0.8 0.825 0.85 0.875 0.9 0.925 0.95 0.975 1.0 1.025 ...
#
# or: (these might better suit the 600x800 Touch)
#
#  0.6 0.633 0.667 0.7 0.733 0.767 0.8 0.833 0.867 9.0 9.33 9.67 1.0 1.025 ...
#
</patch>
I'm sorry, but the problem still exists. I have tested it on my H2O.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #8
oren64
I ❤ Reading
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
oren64's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,551
Karma: 32688623
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Israel
Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina Schein View Post
I'm sorry, but the problem still exists. I have tested it on my H2O.
Thank you.

I removed these patches for now.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:55 AM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
booklover6's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,814
Karma: 11178614
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PA (USA)
Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Glo HD, Aura HD, Mini
Put this on my Mini, I see another patch missing


patch_name = `Custom reading footer style`
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #10
oren64
I ❤ Reading
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
oren64's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,551
Karma: 32688623
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Israel
Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Put this on my Mini, I see another patch missing


patch_name = `Custom reading footer style`
The patches `Custom reading footer style` and `Disable reading footer` are in the file nickel.patch.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:12 PM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
booklover6's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,814
Karma: 11178614
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PA (USA)
Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Glo HD, Aura HD, Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
The patches `Custom reading footer style` and `Disable reading footer` are in the file nickel.patch.
Thanks, I didn't notice that.

I do not see "search in library by default" has that been done away with? Perhaps it is not needed any more. (All my other Kobos are on 3.19)

Last edited by booklover6; 04-14-2017 at 12:19 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:27 PM   #12
baskerville
Member
baskerville began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 13
Karma: 38
Join Date: Aug 2015
Device: Kobo Aura ONE
4.3.8966.sh should be executable as well as a bunch of files in tools/.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:06 PM   #13
oren64
I ❤ Reading
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
oren64's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,551
Karma: 32688623
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Israel
Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Thanks, I didn't notice that.

I do not see "search in library by default" has that been done away with? Perhaps it is not needed any more. (All my other Kobos are on 3.19)
I'm still using 3.13.1. GeoffR say it is not longer needed, I don't remember way.

Last edited by oren64; 04-14-2017 at 01:11 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #14
oren64
I ❤ Reading
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
oren64's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,551
Karma: 32688623
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Israel
Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
4.3.8966.sh should be executable as well as a bunch of files in tools/.
Only 4.3.8966.sh in Linux/Mac, it will make KoboRoot.tgz file, you might want to read instructions again in post #1.

Quote:
For Linux/Mac open a terminal, change to the patch_kobo_4039084/ subdirectory, and run ./4.3.9084.sh from the command line.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:43 PM   #15
dmapr
Addict
dmapr format shifts faster than booting Windowsdmapr format shifts faster than booting Windowsdmapr format shifts faster than booting Windowsdmapr format shifts faster than booting Windowsdmapr format shifts faster than booting Windowsdmapr format shifts faster than booting Windowsdmapr format shifts faster than booting Windowsdmapr format shifts faster than booting Windowsdmapr format shifts faster than booting Windowsdmapr format shifts faster than booting Windowsdmapr format shifts faster than booting Windows
 
Posts: 352
Karma: 120184
Join Date: Sep 2009
Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
I'm still using 3.13.1. GeoffR say it is not longer needed, I don't remember way.
In the latest firmware versions the device remembers your last selection, so you choose once and it stays that way unless you change.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Instructions for patching firmware 3.17.3 GeoffR Kobo Developer's Corner 60 09-17-2015 05:35 PM
Instructions for patching firmware 3.16.10 GeoffR Kobo Developer's Corner 12 08-14-2015 03:40 AM
Instructions for patching firmware 3.11.0 GeoffR Kobo Developer's Corner 226 06-01-2015 05:32 AM
Instructions for patching firmware 3.2.0 DNSB Kobo Developer's Corner 66 12-05-2014 07:28 AM
Instructions for patching firmware 3.1.1 GeoffR Kobo Developer's Corner 64 04-18-2014 01:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.