Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Merged Developer Keystore

PER GENERAL REQUEST -- BIG FAT NOTICE TO DEVELOPERS:
Please dont create unnecessary additional vanity keys. Just use the "test" key already present in the keystore to sign your Kindlets. Spare everybody the trouble of updating their Kindle each time. Help your Karma.

Kindlets come from many developers and are often signed with different keys.

I haved merged keys from all developers active to date in this forum (let me know if I missed any so I can maintain this Merged Developer Keystore)

As requested I make it available in post#1 of this thread for your convenience.

Copying this developer.keystore to your /var/local/java/keystore/ and restarting the Kindle will allow using any of these developer's Kindlet.

Edit:
2012-01-14 merged "LittleLui" keys for Krosswords
2012-04-02 merged "victor" keys for CR3runner.azw2
2012-07-12 merged "pamberg" keys for Kindcalc
2012-10-02 merged "CrazyCoder" keys for a an improved CR3runner.azw2
2012-11-06 renamed aliases to properly identify the test "well known" key (no other addition, no need to update your keystore).
Attached Files
File Type: zip developer.keystore.2012-01-14.zip (16.8 KB, 2031 views)
File Type: zip developer.keystore.2012-04-02.zip (17.8 KB, 1234 views)
File Type: zip developer.keystore.2012-07-12.zip (19.8 KB, 1056 views)
File Type: zip developer.keystore.2012-10-02.zip (20.6 KB, 1236 views)
File Type: zip developer.keystore.2012-11-06.zip (20.6 KB, 6117 views)

Last edited by PoP; 11-07-2012 at 06:55 AM. Reason: properly identify test key
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
dasmoover
Connoisseur
dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle 3 WIFI
Would you please explain how you merged them?
dasmoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
I use the keytool command on a linux desktop:

keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore developer-to-import.keystore -destkeystore developer.keystore

The keystore password is password in case you want to play with it.

keytool complete syntax:
Spoiler:

PoP$ keytool
Syntaxe keytool :

-certreq [-v] [-protected]
[-alias <alias>] [-sigalg <sigalg>]
[-file <csr_file>] [-keypass <mot_passe_clé>]
[-keystore <keystore>] [-storepass <mot_passe_store>]
[-storetype <storetype>] [-providername <name>]
[-providerclass <provider_class_name> [-providerarg <arg>]] ...
[-providerpath <pathlist>]

-changealias [-v] [-protected] -alias <alias> -destalias <destalias>
[-keypass <keypass>]

-delete [-v] [-protected] -alias <alias>

-exportcert [-v] [-rfc] [-protected]
[-alias <alias>] [-file <fichier_cert>]

-genkeypair [-v] [-protected]
[-alias <alias>]
[-keyalg <keyalg>] [-keysize <taille_clé>]
[-sigalg <sigalg>] [-dname <nomd>]
[-validity <joursVal>] [-keypass <mot_passe_clé>]

-genkeypair [-v] [-protected]
[-alias <alias>] [-keypass <keypass>]
[-keyalg <keyalg>] [-keysize <taille_clé>]

-help

-importcert [-v] [-noprompt] [-trustcacerts] [-protected]
[-alias <alias>]
[-file <fichier_cert>] [-keypass <mot_passe_clé>]

-importkeystore [-v]
[-srckeystore <srckeystore>] [-destkeystore <destkeystore>]
[-srcstoretype <srcstoretype>] [-deststoretype <deststoretype>]
[-srcstorepass <srcstorepass>] [-deststorepass <deststorepass>]
[-srcprotected] [-destprotected]
[-srcprovidername <srcprovidername>]
[-destprovidername <destprovidername>]
[-srcalias <srcalias> [-destalias <destalias>]
[-srckeypass <srckeypass>] [-destkeypass <destkeypass>]]
[-noprompt]

-keypasswd [-v] [-alias <alias>]
[-keypass <ancien_mot_passe_clé>] [-new <nouveau_mot_passe_clé>]

-list [-v | -rfc] [-protected]
[-alias <alias>]

-printcert [-v] [-file <fichier_cert>]

-storepasswd [-v] [-new <new_storepass>]

Last edited by PoP; 10-14-2011 at 08:18 PM.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
naypalm
Enthusiast
naypalm began at the beginning.

Device: K3G v3.1 jb
Awesome, thanks again!
naypalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:33 AM   #5
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 3
Not quite sure, but does this mean create the folders java/keystore on the kindle (which is found at var/local)? I am using Windows 7, so it just shows Kindle as my Kindle location in the drive tree.

PS - Thanks for this, I am so glad to be able to do this without merging the keystores myself, most generous!
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2011, 05:40 AM   #6
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Oops, just discovered I need usb networking. I am not keen, as I think I'd probably brick my kindle. Is there a bin file I can use to update?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #7
Tanga
Zealot

Is there a step-by-step guide to creating a bin file to update the keystores?

Cheers!
Old 12-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #8
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
is it possible to copy this keystore file without usbnetwork hack?
ie with a sh file via launchpad hack like this one
Code:
mntroot rw
if [ -f /mnt/us/launchpad/developer.keystore ]
then
		mv /mnt/us/launchpad/developer.keystore /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore
fi
mntroot ro
Attached Files
File Type: zip loadkeystore.zip (462 Bytes, 1114 views)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #9
Tanga
Zealot

Thanks so much Thomass. I am afraid that I am not entirely sure what I should do with the files you uploaded. Sorry to ask more after what you've done. I'm guessing I don't just install the ini? Where do I put things?

Last edited by Tanga; 12-16-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #10
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanga View Post
Thanks so much Thomass. I am afraid that I am not entirely sure what I should do with the files you uploaded. Sorry to ask more after what you've done. I'm guessing I don't just install the ini? Where do I put things?
first install launchpad hack. then copy these files+ developer.keystore file to launchpad folder which will be created after the installation of launchpad hack. then first press [ shift shift space] then press [ shift L K]
Old 12-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #11
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
first install launchpad hack. then copy these files+ developer.keystore file to launchpad folder which will be created after the installation of launchpad hack. then first press [ shift shift space] then press [ shift L K]
Thanks for the suggestion thomass. This way opens up several possibilities. I actually used your idea to make similar with the disable logging, disable indexing, and removing ads threads. While I prefer to keep the USB Hack around (especially as a way to check up on whether or not these scripts do their job), I know this will greatly benefit those who aren't comfortable enough using the USB Hack and doing it manually, line-by-line.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #12
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by inameiname View Post
Thanks for the suggestion thomass.
you are welcome, happy to help.

BTW: maybe this way of sh to install keystore is much better
Code:
#install merged developer keystore
#backup the old one if exist:
if [ -f /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore]
then
		cp -f /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore /mnt/us/launchpad/developer.keystore.backup
fi
#move the new one:
mntroot rw
then
		mv -f /mnt/us/launchpad/developer.keystore /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore
fi
mntroot ro
Old 12-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #13
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
you are welcome, happy to help.

BTW: maybe this way of sh to install keystore is much better
Code:
#install merged developer keystore
#backup the old one if exist:
if [ -f /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore ]
then
		cp -f /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore /mnt/us/launchpad/developer.keystore.backup
fi
#move the new one:
mntroot rw
then
		mv -f /mnt/us/launchpad/developer.keystore /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore
fi
mntroot ro

Thanks. I actually threw together something similar, as well as an uninstall for those who may want it. Same thing as yours. BTW, while 'mntroot rw' and 'mntroot ro' is required for some of the scripts/commands, you don't need them for this one as the '/var' folder isn't root.

keystore.ini
Code:
[Actions]

; Kindlet apps/games keystore
K I = !source /mnt/us/launchpad/keystore_install.sh
K U = !source /mnt/us/launchpad/keystore_uninstall.sh
keystore_install.sh
Code:
###### Kindlet apps/games keystore
# backup the old one if exist:
if [ -f /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore ]
then
	cp /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore /mnt/us/launchpad/developer.keystore.bkp_orig
fi
# move the new one and keep a backup of it, just in case:
then
	cp /mnt/us/launchpad/developer.keystore /var/local/java/keystore/
	mv /mnt/us/launchpad/developer.keystore /mnt/us/launchpad/developer.keystore.bkp
fi
exit
keystore_uninstall.sh
Code:
###### Kindlet apps/games keystore
# remove new one and its backup:
mv /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore /mnt/us/launchpad/
rm /mnt/us/launchpad/developer.keystore.bkp
# restore the old one if exist:
if [ -f /mnt/us/launchpad/developer.keystore.bkp_orig ]
	mv /mnt/us/launchpad/developer.keystore.bkp_orig /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore
fi
exit
Attached Files
File Type: zip keystore_ini_and_scripts.zip (803 Bytes, 983 views)

Last edited by inameiname; 12-21-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #14
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by inameiname View Post
I actually threw together something similar, as well as an uninstall for those who may want it.
Thanks.

I think it may be better if you collect your all installer scripts in a new thread with links to the necessary files (ie develepor.keytore , etc) and some small descriptions. (if you have time of course)
Old 12-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #15
inameiname
Groupie

Quote:
Thanks.

I think it may be better if you collect your all installer scripts in a new thread with links to the necessary files (ie develepor.keytore , etc) and some small descriptions. (if you have time of course)
Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about that, but as this thread (along with the other ones I threw an '.ini', '_install.sh', and '_uninstall.sh' together) are the threads mentioned in the main "Kindle Hacks" post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128704, I figure people can best find each one of them on the appropriate link on that page, like this thread, so long as they read the entire thread and not just the first posting.

Personally, after seeing your original script, and found it to work, I created and use a 'customizations_install.sh' (and 'customizations_uninstall.sh' one too) that incorporates all of the hacks I would have normally done via USB hack. So much easier.