Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-28-2011, 07:25 AM   #1
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Zoom modifications to ipdf

Hi folks!

This was just a personal itch I scratched, but maybe someone else has use for the outcome nonetheless.
It's based on the bookmarks version of ipdf, and I did an effort to keep usage changes nominal (see below )

Basically,
1) I was missing the ZoomWidth feature in Landscape Continous mode <- The ZoomToFit icon now toggles between ZoomPage and ZoomWidth
[known issue: ZoomWidth needs to be enabled _before_ turning on Continous in Portrait mode - otherwise it has no effect]
2) I was missing a zoom mode splitting up the page into 4 parts in Portrait mode <- introduced a ZoomPart mode to Portrait mode (exclusively) that scales to 1/4 page + Epsilon (to avoid problems with cut lines), and that allows flipping between the quarters by pressing the Up/Down buttons
[known issue: produces funny zoom states in Portrait Continous mode - simply don't use it (easy to revert by disabling ZoomPart again, if it happens)]

Since all buttons were used, I turned [dot] into a modifier, and changed the Up/Down-Button functions when ZoomPart is enabled:
[dot] [dot] <- the new [dot]
[dot] [longUp] <- toggle ZoomPart mode (only in Portrait mode)

When in ZoomPart:
[Up] - Go to Part + 1 [upleft->downleft->upright->downright->upleft]
[UpLong] - Go to Part + 2 (effectively skip sidewards)
[Down] - Go to Part - 1
[DownLong] - Go to Part -2

Mind that using the ZoomToFit icon does not disable ZoomPart (so you may use it to go to fullscreen, and then go back via Up/Down )

Disclaimer: Though I see no reason why it should happen, I won't accept resposibility for any things damaged/corrupted/lost due to this software. This is not a bulletproof tested, and if you fear it might eat your newborn babies, check the source and compile it for yourself.

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: txt ipdf_bookmark_to_zoommod.patch.txt (62.9 KB, 325 views)
File Type: bz2 ipdf_zoommod.tar.bz2 (685.5 KB, 288 views)
File Type: bz2 ipdf_installers_v2.12_addzoommod.tar.bz2 (625.3 KB, 302 views)

Last edited by kodomo; 05-28-2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: added the attachments
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iliad ipdf bookmark zoom