Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-11-2011, 02:46 AM   #1
ROCXY
ROCXY began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
ePub file with animaiton

Hi All,

I am joining this valuable forum today.... Proud to be part of mobile read forum.

I am developing a story book for children with lot of illustrations and pictures.

I am wondering how to compile a epub file with simulation/small animation to the story eBook; to make more interesting to children while reading eBook - similar to Ipad Apps "Alice for the iPad" application. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gew68Qj5kxw]

Is there some script or codes available? which can be compiled to XHTML content to incorporate animation/simulation that will result the expected output in ePub for iBook?

Else - You guys have a sampler ePub with animation - Please share.

Any help would be grateful

Thanks,
ROCXY.
ROCXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:52 AM   #2
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Hiya Roxcy, Welcome to MR.
Your very first post asks a question that has been a little hot lately.
Watch the following thread closely over the next day or so and you'll probably learn a little bit about what conforms to ePub standard and doesn't. You'll probably see a political side to conforming to epub rules as well.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=121632
Meanwhile: The answer to your question is really NO.
Video and audio can be incorporated into non-conforming ePubs which are viewed in Apple's iBooks app which only has an Apple demographic.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
hard13
Enthusiast
hard13 began at the beginning.

Device: none
well you can use video format for adding animation on epub
hard13 is offline   Reply With Quote