Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-20-2024, 07:14 AM   #1
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Question Help with transferring reading stats form PC to Kobo Clara HD

Having had a load of problems with getting my PC to recognise my Kobo one of the more stupid actions I took was to listen to Kobo support and reset my Kobo.

All that is now sorted but I have tried to copy over the reading stats but get an error, so any help with this would be appreciated.

I've got the Kobo % Read column

But I get this error when I try to Restore bookmarks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Percent Read 1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	208404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Percent Read 3.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	208405   Click image for larger version

Name:	Percent Read 2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	208406  
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 07:34 AM   #2
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

And now it's not copying over the "Series" information which was working fine before.
Advert
Old 05-20-2024, 08:03 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
. Check the Kobo database.
Make sure you have auto-update metadata
You have the Kobo Utilities?
Also on a stock Kobo the series info only updates on the second connection, the reconnection, after transfer.

View My Books, Unread, Recent to see that the new books are fully imported before disconnecting USB cable and reconnecting USB to avoid corruption.

Also only connect at the My Book screen and don't rush, so as to avoid database corruption.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 08:15 AM   #4
Chocky
Addict

"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
. Check the Kobo database.
Make sure you have auto-update metadata
You have the Kobo Utilities?
Also on a stock Kobo the series info only updates on the second connection, the reconnection, after transfer.

View My Books, Unread, Recent to see that the new books are fully imported before disconnecting USB cable and reconnecting USB to avoid corruption.

Also only connect at the My Book screen and don't rush, so as to avoid database corruption.
How do I action "auto-update metadata"?
Is this on the Kobo or Claibre?

I've got "Kobo Utilites"

Didn't realise it needed the second connection though, so thanks for that,
Old 05-20-2024, 01:35 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
How do I action "auto-update metadata"?
Is this on the Kobo or Claibre?
Calibre, but I forget if it's the driver or utilities.

I also have custom column for Collections on Sony & Kobo rather than using tags or anything and a custom Subtitle column which also comes up on the My Books description on Kobo. Sometimes I put a snippit of Blurb or a comment in Subtitle because in Books, Author, Series etc in My Books you don't see Collection, because a book can be in many collections.

Also aids Search on the Kobo.

I can't imagine going back to a Kindle. Though I use the K3 & PW3 for tests and importing (Serial ID) without DRM from ebooks bought on Amazon.

Last edited by Quoth; 05-20-2024 at 01:40 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2024, 01:40 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Auto-update metadata is found in the Send to Device preference in calibre. In the Metadata management box, check that you have Automatic Management checked.

In the Store or Restore Bookmark item, I's suggest not selecting the Set data to now button.

As for your error message, you seem to have a profile Steve set in the Kobo Utilities customization which does not have the #percentread column defined. Personally, I use the default profile for all devices.

I've attached a few images of what my setup looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-20 103003.png
Views:	20
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	208409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-20 103625.png
Views:	18
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	208410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-20 103701.png
Views:	18
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	208411  
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 12:27 PM   #7
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Auto-update metadata is found in the Send to Device preference in calibre. In the Metadata management box, check that you have Automatic Management checked.

In the Store or Restore Bookmark item, I's suggest not selecting the Set data to now button.

As for your error message, you seem to have a profile Steve set in the Kobo Utilities customization which does not have the #percentread column defined. Personally, I use the default profile for all devices.

I've attached a few images of what my setup looks like.
The eReader is now getting the series, but I still cannot get the reading progress saved from Calibre to the eReader
Old 05-21-2024, 01:00 PM   #8
Chocky
Addict

And how do I delete the profiles to leave just the default one, seeing as I can't remember how I added them?
Old 05-21-2024, 01:32 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
In the dropdown in the Kobo Utilities configuration, you can add/remove profiles and select what devices the profile applies to. I would suggest looking at your profiles in the dropdown and seeing what changes this makes to the device selection, custom columns and store on connect settings. If you want to remove a device, that's on the second page of the configuration pages.

The settings I use automate the storage to calibre but you will need to manually restore them from the Store/Restore Current Bookmarks tool.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 01:10 AM   #10
Chocky
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
In the dropdown in the Kobo Utilities configuration, you can add/remove profiles and select what devices the profile applies to. I would suggest looking at your profiles in the dropdown and seeing what changes this makes to the device selection, custom columns and store on connect settings. If you want to remove a device, that's on the second page of the configuration pages.

The settings I use automate the storage to Calibre but you will need to manually restore them from the Store/Restore Current Bookmarks tool.
Excellent thank you very much, I did look there but could not find it, but knowing it was there made me look with my eyes open...