Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-14-2023, 08:39 AM   #2821
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by enuddleyarbl View Post
I'm not sure if this happened with the latest release (Version 2.16.13), but almost all the right-click options in Kobo Utilities are now grayed out and inoperable. If I select a book and right-click on the Kobo Utilities icon (or use its drop-down menu), the only non-grayed-out options are Database, Driver, Customize Plugin and About Plugin.
I tried 2.16.10 and 2.16.13, and both behaved the same. I see what you describe if my Kobo is not connected. If it is connected then I see all the options.

Does calibre think your Kobo is connected when you see the minimal set of operations?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 09:49 AM   #2822
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I tried 2.16.10 and 2.16.13, and both behaved the same. I see what you describe if my Kobo is not connected. If it is connected then I see all the options.

Does calibre think your Kobo is connected when you see the minimal set of operations?
Well, either I had yet another senior moment or these computers/ereaders are behaving differently just for grins. I plugged my Kobo in for the 4th time, accepted the connect dialog, and now it works. <sigh>. The only thing I can think of is, for the first time it "happened," I disconnected and then remembered I'd forgotten ( ) to update the ToC with Kobo Utilities. So, there's a good chance I WAS disconnected then. . The next two times, I guess I entirely forgot to accept the connect dialog .

Sorry for the false alarm. And, thanks for the response.

EDIT and Off-Topic: I don't know which is worse, remembering that I forgot or forgetting to remember.

Last edited by enuddleyarbl; 12-14-2023 at 10:04 AM.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2023, 10:16 AM   #2823
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by enuddleyarbl View Post
I'm not sure if this happened with the latest release (Version 2.16.13), but almost all the right-click options in Kobo Utilities are now grayed out and inoperable. If I select a book and right-click on the Kobo Utilities icon (or use its drop-down menu), the only non-grayed-out options are Database, Driver, Customize Plugin and About Plugin.
I also see that. But, I think you need the Kobo plugged in to access the other menu items?
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 10:24 AM   #2824
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogice View Post
I also see that. But, I think you need the Kobo plugged in to access the other menu items?
Yep. It looks like I just made some kind of embarrassing mistake. But, I'm good now.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 11:54 AM   #2825
w00dent0p
Connoisseur
w00dent0p began at the beginning.

Hi,

I'm trying to get the % Read column to populate from my Libra 2, but it's staying empty.

I have enabled the column #kobo_percent_read, with Type = Integers.

I have configured 'Percent Read Column' to be #kobo_percent_read (%Read)

Under 'Store on connect' I have enabled Store current bookmarks/reading position on connect

Is there another step I'm missing?
w00dent0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2024, 03:19 PM   #2826
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
See the attached images for my configuration for Kobo read statistics. Also note that I apply this to all devices since at times, a reset or firmware update breaks the link between a device in calibre and the physical device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo_utilities_configuration2.png
Views:	115
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	205677   Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo_read_columns_config.png
Views:	87
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	205678  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:17 PM   #2827
w00dent0p
Connoisseur

Wow, that worked. Thank you so much.

Device this profile is for: changed to *Any Device
Prompt to store any changes: changed to unchecked
Only if more recent: changed to checked
Not if finished in library: changed to checked

Not sure what any of the last three boxes really mean, but I'm now getting blanks for unread books, 100% for read books, and X% for in progress books. Assuming this is expected?
Old 01-08-2024, 04:25 PM   #2828
w00dent0p
Connoisseur

One more question, sorry. If I manually change the % Read figure to 100 in Calibre, will this sync in the other direction? So that the Kobo shows the book as Finished?
Old 01-08-2024, 04:29 PM   #2829
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dent0p View Post
One more question, sorry. If I manually change the % Read figure to 100 in Calibre, will this sync in the other direction? So that the Kobo shows the book as Finished?
Easier it to go to the end of the book and flip past the last page. It will be finished.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:35 PM   #2830
w00dent0p
Connoisseur

I was thinking I'd bulk change the % Read for a bunch of books together in Calibre, to correct their read state on the Kobo.
Old 01-08-2024, 04:38 PM   #2831
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dent0p View Post
Wow, that worked. Thank you so much.

Device this profile is for: changed to *Any Device
Prompt to store any changes: changed to unchecked
Only if more recent: changed to checked
Not if finished in library: changed to checked

Not sure what any of the last three boxes really mean, but I'm now getting blanks for unread books, 100% for read books, and X% for in progress books. Assuming this is expected?
The Prompt to store any changes will ask you if you want to store any changes. It rapidly gets painful so I turned it off.

The Only if more recent will keep the latest information in calibre. Say I connect my Sage and it says the book is 87% finished while my Clara HD says it's 74% finished, the more recent of the two would apply.

The Not if finished in library says don't update any finished books. Basically, if you re-read the book, it will not update the calibre library information. Or if you do a reset and reload, your finished books will not change to unread.

Your results are pretty much as expected. I also have a 4th column called Finished based on the reading percent column. Basically, if reading percent is 100, the column gets Finished in it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	finished_column.png
Views:	99
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	205681  
Old 01-08-2024, 04:42 PM   #2832
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The Prompt to store any changes will ask you if you want to store any changes. It rapidly gets painful so I turned it off.

The Only if more recent will keep the latest information in calibre. Say I connect my Sage and it says the book is 87% finished while my Clara HD says it's 74% finished, the more recent of the two would apply.

The Not if finished in library says don't update any finished books. Basically, if you re-read the book, it will not update the calibre library information. Or if you do a reset and reload, your finished books will not change to unread.

Your results are pretty much as expected. I also have a 4th column called Finished based on the reading percent column. Basically, if reading percent is 100, the column gets Finished in it.
Would you mind sharing your code for the finished column? I want to do that but no need to reinvent the wheel. Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 04:43 PM   #2833
w00dent0p
Connoisseur

Thanks so much. Still not really sure which setting made the difference, since I only have one device, and I wasn't getting any prompts.
Old 01-08-2024, 04:47 PM   #2834
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Would you mind sharing your code for the finished column? I want to do that but no need to reinvent the wheel. Thanks.
Jon, take a look at the image in the message I posted. Yes, you will have to retype it but life is tough.
Old 01-08-2024, 04:51 PM   #2835
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
As an alternate to DNSB's, here's my custom readstatus() template function:

Code:
program:

if 'dnf' inlist $#admintags
	then 'didnotfinish'

elif ($$#percentread >=#1 && $$#percentread <=#99) || ($#readinglist == 'Reference')
	then 'currentlyreading' 

elif $#readinglist=='To Be Read' && $$#percentread ==#0
	then 'toberead' 

elif $$#percentread >=#100
	then 'read' 

elif $$#percentread == 'None'
	then 'undefined' 

elif $$#percentread >=#0
	then 'unread' 

fi
I use it anywhere that I need to reference the read-status of a book. However, one of its main uses is my composite Read Status column:

Code:
program:
	status = readstatus();
	times = $$#timesread;

switch_if(
		status=='currentlyreading' && times>#0, 'Currently Rereading',
		status=='currentlyreading', 'Currently Reading',
		status=='toberead' && times>#0, 'To Be Reread',
		status=='toberead', 'To Be Read',
		status=='read', 'Read',
		status=='unread' && 'readinggoal:' in $#admintags, 'Backlog',
		status=='unread', 'Unread',