Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-30-2023, 09:20 PM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FWIW, I never had (real) button issues. While there are issues that *look* like they're related to buttons (i.e., missed page turns), they are, in fact, not. All of them are related to power management, which ties into the whole Achille's heel of that platform.

The actual "hardware" part of the buttons is pretty similar to every other Kobo device with that form factor: they're... okay, I guess?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 10:43 PM   #17
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
FWIW, I never had (real) button issues. While there are issues that *look* like they're related to buttons (i.e., missed page turns), they are, in fact, not. All of them are related to power management, which ties into the whole Achille's heel of that platform.

The actual "hardware" part of the buttons is pretty similar to every other Kobo device with that form factor: they're... okay, I guess?
Yep. And yeah, it's quite obvious the button issues are software-related. Buttons themselves are fine.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 02:40 AM   #18
ghira
Zealot
ghira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura One, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight,
Battery life on mine has been fine. I don't use the buttons so have nothing to say about those.
ghira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 08:55 AM   #19
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
I imagine I'll be disappointed in battery life after enjoying the amazing results with my Scribe but I expect much shorter so probably not too disappointed.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote