Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2021, 01:30 PM   #1
tschucha
Connoisseur
tschucha knows the square root of minus one.tschucha knows the square root of minus one.tschucha knows the square root of minus one.tschucha knows the square root of minus one.tschucha knows the square root of minus one.tschucha knows the square root of minus one.tschucha knows the square root of minus one.tschucha knows the square root of minus one.tschucha knows the square root of minus one.tschucha knows the square root of minus one.tschucha knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Forma
Anyone got their new Sage yet?

If so - what are your first thoughts?
tschucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 02:07 PM   #2
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Libra H20, Elipsa, Sage
From Fnac (France), the Libra 2 is available online today, and if ordered will be in your Fnac shop of choice the following day; all covers available. But the Sage is available only from 22 October, and the covers are sold out presently so no date announced. When I pre-ordered last Friday 15), both colors were available for the regular cover, but the power cover was not. I hope I'll have it 22 October.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2021, 04:57 PM   #3
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok might easily be mistaken for a Texanjkrzok might easily be mistaken for a Texanjkrzok might easily be mistaken for a Texanjkrzok might easily be mistaken for a Texanjkrzok might easily be mistaken for a Texanjkrzok might easily be mistaken for a Texanjkrzok might easily be mistaken for a Texanjkrzok might easily be mistaken for a Texanjkrzok might easily be mistaken for a Texanjkrzok might easily be mistaken for a Texanjkrzok might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Clara HD, Aura One, Voyage, Oasis 1 & 2, Many others getting dusty.
Oh the joys of Kobo shipping. I got an email today that my order of Oct. 5 is being processed and my sleep cover will be shipped next week. No word that the Sage itself will be shipped this week. Perhaps in time for Mother's Day?
jkrzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:00 PM   #4
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I’m on processed for my order. Ordered on the 5th of October in the US.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:38 PM   #5
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
My Libra 2 is supposed to arrive in a day or two.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2021, 08:04 PM   #6
DarthV
Enthusiast
DarthV began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi
Ordered on Friday, contacted kobo canada last evening and they said it would ship today. It did and somehow made it from Ontario through Montreal and beyond already. Hoping to have it for the weekend!
DarthV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:32 PM   #7
BookishBiker
BookishBiker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017, Nook Glowlight Plus 2019, Kobo Forma
Anyone got their new Sage yet?

Ordered Oct 6 (US), sitting on “processed” with no updates from Kobo.

Little disappointed. I had my Elipsa arrive on release day, so I had high hopes for this one. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BookishBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:36 PM   #8
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update - I was checking UPS's app to track a different package and noticed it had added a tracking number. I looked into it more, and it's 100% my Kobo Sage. They estimate delivery for this Thursday the 21st.

I'll note that Kobo has not yet emailed me anything beyond the order confirmation, nor does their site have anything beyond my order being "processed".

UPS is who delivers to me from Kobo, if others know UPS is their delivery method, I'd suggest checking the UPS app. I'll note I obviously did not have the tracking number prior to opening the UPS app, nor am I 100% sure how/why UPS knows I have a package incoming (i was not signed in to my UPS account).
Old 10-20-2021, 05:49 AM   #9
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
I got my Sage yesterday. I also ordered a sleep cover, but that won't arrive until next week, as mentioned above. I had to contact Kobo support to find that out when only the Sage was in the box; neither Kobo nor DHL mentioned it in any communications I got from them.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 08:59 PM   #10
DarthV
Enthusiast
DarthV began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishBiker View Post
Ordered Oct 6 (US), sitting on “processed” with no updates from Kobo.

Little disappointed. I had my Elipsa arrive on release day, so I had high hopes for this one. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Contact their online chat? Hopefully it shipped and they didn't send email. Mine was over 500km away from the shipping point when I got the tracking email from the kobo store.
DarthV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:23 PM   #11
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra2 - Kindle Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
I was supposed to receive mine, but still no news. Maybe tomorrow
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:38 PM   #12
Deobulakenyo
Addict
Deobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
the sage is sold out on kobo store
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 11:01 PM   #13
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
the sage is sold out on kobo store
Hmm really hope they didn’t over sell. Considering they knew how many units they had to sell.
Old 10-21-2021, 12:16 AM   #14
Deobulakenyo
Addict
Deobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it isDeobulakenyo knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
From reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen...bo_sage_today/

"Very good device, but the non-uniformity of the back light is still a problem! You clearly see a brighter bar towards the buttons side, actually it's not even a bar, it's two groups of LEDs. You can somehow mask it by playing with the warm light and the intensity of the overall back light, but KOBO, for a 300 EUR device, WTF ?

In any case, I will keep the device, as my eyes kinda got used to it after a few hours, and I love the 300ppi 8" screen."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	izoy01cy9nu71.png
Views:	202
Size:	951.0 KB
ID:	189730  
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:42 AM   #15
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
I exaggerated the lighting of the camera so you can more easily see the light on the right side. Sorry of the censorship, but I only later realized these books are copyrighted content so I can't just take pictures of them and share online.

They also blow off the point that the lighting isn’t really meant to be turned up to the higher settings. Apparently setting it to a point where the screen starts to be more white than grey effectively nullifies this issue, I’d imagine playing with the amber light would help too.

Not to mention this is a poor picture even discounting whatever they did to exaggerate the effect.
The