Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-04-2023, 12:23 PM   #1
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
[Kobo] Different issues after reinstalling calibre

Hi

I've noticed that after removing books from the device (Clara HD), there are empty folders left. The folders have the author's name, but are now empty inside.

Is there a way to remove empty folders in a batch through Calibre? I have the KoboUtilities installed, but don't find any option for this.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 04:17 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marp68 View Post
Hi

I've noticed that after removing books from the device (Clara HD), there are empty folders left. The folders have the author's name, but are now empty inside.

Is there a way to remove empty folders in a batch through Calibre? I have the KoboUtilities installed, but don't find any option for this.
That's why I changed the settings that created those directories. They do nothing for nobody. You have to go into the driver you are using be it KoboTouch or KoboTouchExtended and edit the output format to remove the directory creation. I have it set to pt my eBooks in a directory called books.

In the Save template, I put books/ at the start in place of the code to create the different author directories.

Kobo Utilities will not delete the empty DIRECTORIES.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 05:18 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quality check plugin has a cleanup for the reason you gave.

Kobo utilities can clean the unused cover thumbnails that Kobo makes when adding books
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 05:49 PM   #4
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's why I changed the settings that created those directories. They do nothing for nobody. You have to go into the driver you are using be it KoboTouch or KoboTouchExtended and edit the output format to remove the directory creation. I have it set to pt my eBooks in a directory called books.

In the Save template, I put books/ at the start in place of the code to create the different author directories.

Kobo Utilities will not delete the empty DIRECTORIES.
Thanks for the information. But I don't seem to understand how you mean your explanation would remove the empty author folders after removing books.

It was in the KoboTouch that I edited the path to send the books to a single ebooks folder, then they are grouped in author folders. ebooks/{author_sort}/{authors} - {title}
Old 11-04-2023, 05:55 PM   #5
marp68
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Quality check plugin has a cleanup for the reason you gave.

Kobo utilities can clean the unused cover thumbnails that Kobo makes when adding books
Thanks for the information. Is this the one?
I found this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=125428

IN KoboUtilities I edited the pathway for storing books on the device.
ebooks/{author_sort}/{authors} - {title}

I installed the Quality check plugin. Run the Fix/Cleanup folder. And this removed the empty folders.

Thanks.

Last edited by marp68; 11-04-2023 at 06:06 PM.