Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 03-17-2023, 05:27 PM   #1
mi.
mi. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre Installer issue: SSH timeout

Hi,
I am trying to compile Calibre from source and create installer.

I am using ArchLinux in VMWare as my host machine.
I successfully ran bootstrap command, created VM. And then ran "./setup.py build_dep linux"

I can see its below debug message:
"VM Started, attach to its console with: sudo -u xyz screen -r home-xyz-Desktop-xyz..."
"Waiting for SSH server to come up..."
"SSH server failed to come up in 600 seconds"

I dont know why its not able to make SSH connection with virtual machine. Any idea?
mi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Can you SSH into your vm? And how did you "make the VM"?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 09:04 PM   #3
mi.

I used:
“Python ../bypy linux —arch 64 vm”
Old 03-19-2023, 09:59 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And what happens when you try

python ../bypy linux —arch 64 shell
Old 03-20-2023, 07:28 PM   #5
mi.

similar error"

Quote:
similar error.

Quote:
\VM started, attach to its console with: sudo -u calibre screen -r home-calibre-Desktop-Cal-calibre-bypy-b-linux-64-vm
Waiting for monitor socket creation /home/calibre/Desktop/Cal/calibre/bypy/b/linux/64/vm/monitor.socket ...
Waiting for SSH server to come up...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/runpy.py", line 196, in _run_module_as_main
return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/runpy.py", line 86, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "/home/calibre/Desktop/Cal/calibre/../bypy/__main__.py", line 51, in <module>
parsed_args.func(parsed_args)
File "/home/calibre/Desktop/Cal/calibre/../bypy/bypy/linux.py", line 41, in main
port = wait_for_ssh(vm)
File "/home/calibre/Desktop/Cal/calibre/../bypy/virtual_machine/run.py", line 270, in wait_for_ssh
port = ssh_port(spec)
File "/home/calibre/Desktop/Cal/calibre/../bypy/virtual_machine/run.py", line 235, in f
return func(path)
File "/home/calibre/Desktop/Cal/calibre/../bypy/virtual_machine/run.py", line 252, in ssh_port
return ssh_port_for_vm_dir(spec)
File "/home/calibre/Desktop/Cal/calibre/../bypy/virtual_machine/run.py", line 165, in ssh_port_for_vm_dir
raise TimeoutError(f'SSH server failed to come up in {timeout} seconds')
TimeoutError: SSH server failed to come up in 600 seconds
Old 03-20-2023, 10:42 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Then you will need to figure out why qemu is not able to boot the VM on your machine. Start with rebooting the machine.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:49 PM   #7
mi.

If i do "lsmod | grep kvm" then i can see kvm_intel and kvm running.

I tried to remove kvm_intel but it gave error stating Module kvm_intel is n use. So it means that kvm is running and might be its not able to make ssh connection. May be ip address is not assigned or something. Let me check further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Then you will need to figure out why qemu is not able to boot the VM on your machine. Start with rebooting the machine.