Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-12-2022, 04:47 AM   #1
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie
Giuseppe Chillem doesn't litterGiuseppe Chillem doesn't litter

Device: IREX DR1000
Showing all libraries

At startup, my content server shows 2 libraries of the 10 I have.
I have manually switched to each library I have one by one and they have appeared on my content server. Then at the next restart, no library was there but the 2, as before!
How do I show all libraries without having to do this at each startup?
(Windows 10 here)
Giuseppe Chillem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The content server will show all libraries that calibre knows about, that show up in the quick switch list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:27 AM   #3
rsrupert
rsrupert began at the beginning.

Device: Moonreader Pro
same thing but in reverse

I have 5 libraries. how can I decide which ones to share? I only want to share 1 of the 5.
rsrupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:36 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Preferences->Sharing over the net->User accounts create some then you can control which libraries which users get to see.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:42 AM   #5
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The content server will show all libraries that calibre knows about, that show up in the quick switch list.
It is not working: I have attached 2 screenshots: one with the libraries Calibre sees and the other with the libraries on the server.

NOTE: Latest Version Installed here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre1.png
Views:	102
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	194326   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre-Server.png
Views:	100
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	194327  
Old 06-12-2022, 12:01 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Nested Libraries? I am not even sure how to make those.

Are you sure all those shown on the list still exist? (the delete option removes the enter on the list (not the Library)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 12:17 PM   #7
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Nested Libraries? I am not even sure how to make those.

Are you sure all those shown on the list still exist? (the delete option removes the enter on the list (not the Library)
They are not nested, they are all in on level. All of them exist. They are not show until I open each one and then they appear on the server.
Old 06-12-2022, 12:22 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I dont see how that's possible. Either you have setup users in the content server and restricted which libraries they can see, or you are not running the content server from within the calibre GUI
Old 06-12-2022, 03:03 PM   #9
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
The basic content server shows all.
Do you have any special settings?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	88
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	194332  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 05:25 PM   #10
Giuseppe Chillem
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I dont see how that's possible. Either you have setup users in the content server and restricted which libraries they can see, or you are not running the content server from within the calibre GUI
Kovid,
I have just found that the browser machine was running low on disk space and it was at 0 bytes free. I have freed some space and it seems all library names appear. There could be something related to this situation that interferes.