Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-24-2022, 10:43 AM   #1
ksamey
ksamey began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
My Device and the content server

When I connect to the content server from Galaxy Tab A8 . It is very slow connecting and when I click on a book to download it is very very slow. It never used to be this way. do you have any thoughts as to why this is occurring.

Thanks
ksamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 06:39 AM   #2
bazookajoe
Connoisseur
bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.bazookajoe invented the internet.

Device: Onyx Leaf, excessive amount of Android devices
I don't know why but you're right, it's garbage. I have the exact same experience with newer cheaper Samsung devices. I don't have an issue with flagships (I have an S20+, S10+ and a Tab S6 in the household). Even my old Tab A 8.0 2017 is fairly snappy, but my Tab A 8.0 2019 w/S-Pen and Tab A 8.4 2020 are just slooooooooooooooooow. Even the buttons responding as you say is slow. I'm too impatient to even use Content Server on those two nowdays. I Cloud sync which I think is a bit faster (but still painfully slow. Like you won't ever catch me wanting to download my full library it's that slow. I restore book database & settings and full folder onto SD card from my flagships and then just sync to add when I get new books added).

CC hasn't been in active development for awhile either, there's ever-changing storage pain from Android O/S's but surely it's mostly hardware because as said my Android 11 and 12 expensive Samsungs are pretty fast still. I can't even blame it on external SD slowing it down as opposed to flagships because the Tab A 2017 is on an external SD...and not an Extreme Pro either, like the other two Tab A's I mentioned.

Last edited by bazookajoe; 03-31-2022 at 06:48 AM.
bazookajoe is offline   Reply With Quote