Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-01-2020, 09:35 PM   #1
yelt
yelt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Best device for accessing Calibre as a content server only / Best way to add content

Hey all,

I am going to be using Calibre in Docker. I have books in a separate directory.

The two issues I see going forward are:
  1. Calibre (Content Server) to automatically add books from a folder location, api call, etc.
  2. Adding books to calibre automatically

Afaik, option 2 has no work around and is not supported - which honestly, I find as a huge dilemma. However, I have other plans to work around this in the longer term (or try anyways).

For option 1, is this an issue for any devices? Since I won't be using Calibre directly with usb (due to Docker), network would be the only way, and I don't want to purchase a device that would break or not function in this manner.

Most of my library is epub if that makes a difference.
yelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:53 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you are running calibre-server, use calibredb to connect to it and add books, however you like. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...calibredb.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert