Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-06-2022, 10:59 PM   #1
jmite
jmite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T1
Possible to take and send screenshots every few seconds?

I'm totally new to Kobo development, but I've got some things I'd really like to work and I'm wondering if people can point me in the right direction, or at least tell if it's possible. (I'm not new to programming).

Basically, I'd like to use my Kobo Elipsa as a "virtual whiteboard", so I can write on it and then view its screen on my computer, to be screen-shared on Zoom etc.

It looks like it's possible to take screenshots: https://teleread.org/2018/06/30/revi...-e-ink-reader/

So I'm wondering if it's possible to write a script that, when activated (maybe by NickelMenu?) takes a screenshot every few seconds and send it somewhere (maybe sends it via HTTP to a server I set up, maybe syncs a file over ftp, maybe syncs with Dropbox, something like that).

Is this possible? I've seen NickelDbus and NickelHook. I'm still wading through their API docs, so I'm not sure if they will be any help.

Ideally I'd prefer not to do anything dangerous, I don't want to brick my Elipsa

Thanks!
jmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:48 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Grabbing the screen's buffer on sunxi is... more tedious than it used to be, so it's going to be highly clunky, because you can't just grab the fb anymore.

c.f, https://github.com/NiLuJe/FBInk/blob...s/sunxigrab.sh
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 01:35 PM   #3
jmite
jmite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T1
That's good to know, thanks for the link.

I can see how I'd modify that script to e.g. send the BMP every few seconds.

Do you have pointers for:
* How I can get the script onto the Kobo?
* Where I can see a list of what commands are available? e.g. is there Curl? wget?
* How I can launch the script, and once it's running (looping), stop it?
jmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 05:18 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Shameless self-plug .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
api, elipsa, nickelhook, nickelmenu, screenshot