Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-26-2020, 09:51 AM   #1
rfog
Fanatic
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Pages left in chapter for PDF conversion

I'm converting some ePub and mobi into PDF. I have a very custom header code to put Author and Title in even/odd pages, got from documentations with some little changes:

Quote:
<header style="justify-content: center;font-size:x-small"><div class="even_page">_AUTHOR_</div><div class="odd_page"><i>_TITLE_</i></div></header>
However, I would like to have in footer the number of remaining pages in each chapter. Something like KOReade do in its footer. I don't mind if it is <remaining>/<total> or any other format.

Is there any way to do that? Thanks in advance.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is currently no such facility though it could probably be added, open a bug report requesting it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #3
rfog
Fanatic
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Done.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1889000

Thanks a lot if you are able or have time to implement it. And if not, thanks as well to have produced this fantastic software. (And it is real).
Old 07-26-2020, 03:58 PM   #4
rfog
Fanatic

Wow!!

You are blazing fast!!!

Old 07-27-2020, 01:33 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are welcome it was relatively easy to implement
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:31 PM   #6
rfog
Fanatic

Man, works like a charm.

Some samples.

A very easy and direct footer:
Code:
<footer><div>_TOTAL_PAGES_/_TOP_LEVEL_SECTION_PAGES_/_TOP_LEVEL_SECTION_PAGENUM_</div></footer>
Remaining pages in section:
Code:
<footer style="justify-content: center;font-size:x-small">
<div></div>
<script>document.currentScript.parentNode.querySelector("div").innerHTML =  ""+(_TOP_LEVEL_SECTION_PAGES_ - _TOP_LEVEL_SECTION_PAGENUM_ )</script>
</footer>
And the mother of all:
Code:
<footer style="justify-content: center;font-size:x-small">
<div></div>
<script>document.currentScript.parentNode.querySelector("div").innerHTML =  ""+ _PAGENUM_ +" of " + _TOTAL_PAGES_ + "/" +(_TOP_LEVEL_SECTION_PAGES_ - _TOP_LEVEL_SECTION_PAGENUM_ ) + " of " + _TOP_LEVEL_SECTION_PAGES_ </script>
</footer>
Attached a capture of one of my converted ebooks.

PS: Today my iMAC is going to be very bussy reconverting books.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anotación 2020-07-31 182806.png
Views:	11
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	181041  
Old 08-01-2020, 02:59 AM   #7
rfog
Fanatic

I did some improvements and variations for footer.

Here: https://pastebin.com/KQXkv0ke

You can find 4 variations:
  • <Current> of <total> / <current section> of <total section>
  • <Current> of <total> (% read) / <current section> of <total section> (% section read)
  • <Remaining> of <total> / <remaining section> of <total section>
  • <Remaining> of <total> (% remaining) / <remaining section> of <total section> (% remaining of section).

(Select the one you want and paste in footer conversion field).

I've built 4 variations for a same book, read with each and personally I prefer second one as it is more natural. For "remaining" variation I need to think "oh, it is remaining, not current".