Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-29-2020, 05:05 PM   #1
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Question Question about Mini firmware

Hello. I have a question about the Kobo Mini. Since it's running on firmware 3.19.5761, is it possible to manually update it to the newest firmware?

Thanks.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 05:49 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Yes, it is. Just use the Glo firmware.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:25 PM   #3
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Yes, it is. Just use the Glo firmware.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:25 PM   #4
johnson_chung
johnson_chung began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
Have you updated your mini with glo firmware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Have you updated your mini with glo firmware ? Does it work well with glo firmware ?
johnson_chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:55 PM   #5
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson_chung View Post
Have you updated your mini with glo firmware ? Does it work well with glo firmware ?
They're actually identical, and yes to both questions.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:33 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
As long as you start from the final Mini FW release, so you actually get the latest Mini-specific bits, you're good to go.

(i.e., don't jump from a true factory reset to 4.xx; jump to the final Mini release first (3.19)).

EDIT: Or not, see #9.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-30-2020 at 01:29 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:04 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
As long as you start from the final Mini FW release, so you actually get the latest Mini-specific bits, you're good to go.

(i.e., don't jump from a true factory reset to 4.xx; jump to the final Mini release first (3.19)).
What do you actually miss? I thought the recent firmware updates were complete for the Mini, just not officially released.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:45 AM   #8
Elektron
Banned

Firmware working pretty good, overall

Downloaded 4.19.14123 for Mark 4 devices from Wiki, seems to work fine except for this.
I don't know what you meant by "Glo firmware," but I just got it for all Mark 4 devices.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20200629_22_43_21_Pro.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	296.3 KB
ID:	180283  
Old 06-30-2020, 01:25 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@davidfor: I was assuming they weren't shipping the Mini kernel/uboot anymore, but I might very well be wrong, now that you mention it .

EDIT: Yep, you're right.

Worse, FW 3.19 didn't even actually ship w/ a Mini kernel, while 4.22 does ^^.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-30-2020 at 01:27 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:45 PM   #10
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Downloaded 4.19.14123 for Mark 4 devices from Wiki
The latest version is actually 4.22.15190 (see my signature, which will always show the latest fw version automatically).
Old 06-30-2020, 02:54 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Downloaded 4.19.14123 for Mark 4 devices from Wiki, seems to work fine except for this.
I don't know what you meant by "Glo firmware," but I just got it for all Mark 4 devices.
You will need to update the firmware yet again. 4.19 was not out long due to bugs. So go get the latest 4.22 firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:07 PM   #12
Elektron
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You will need to update the firmware yet again. 4.19 was not out long due to bugs. So go get the latest 4.22 firmware.
How do I do that? I got the latest Mark 4 firmware. Do I get 4.22.16190 for Glo and put it on my Mini?
Old 06-30-2020, 05:15 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
How do I do that? I got the latest Mark 4 firmware. Do I get 4.22.16190 for Glo and put it on my Mini?
Yes. Download the firmware for the Glo and install that.

https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:35 PM   #14
Elektron
Banned

I'll try that and tell you how it goes.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:07 PM   #15
Elektron
Banned

@JSWolf Nope, same problem. Except now, when I press "Invert Screen," it freezes up.
Oh, joy. Switching back to version 3...