Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 01:58 PM   #151
codex-hex
codex-hex began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura edition 2
When i use simple commad to show hello world in Nickel with 1.9 release it shows hello world OT/TT, but when i try to show in koreader or KSM ,its interface freezes and then i have to reboot my kobo device.1.8.1 release didnt show hello world on the screen in koreader but 1.8.1 release didnt make my device interface freeze.
İ think something going wrong.
Thanks
codex-hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:16 PM   #152
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
@codex-hex: Does the shell hang? What does dmesg has to say abut it if it doesn't? Does image/non-OT rendering work? And, once again, full fbink output .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:42 PM   #153
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₂ PW3₅.₁₀.₁.₁
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@PoP: I noticed .

[snip gory headache details]

I didn't look into it much further, because the "double -o" usage pattern is kind of anecdotal
Maybe not so much

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#outline.sh:
# Use overlay with margin displacement to create formatting effects
#expects PATH=$PATH:.:..
cd /mnt/us

tt=regular=/ mnt/us/linkfonts/fonts/poplarstd.otf

#keep the Kindle quiet
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1
killall -stop cvm # pause framework

#WATERMARK ghostly text artifacts leftovers from AA, blending, or other
fbink -t $tt,size=86 "GHOST" -o -M -m -c
fbink -t $tt,size=86 "GHOST" -o -M -m 
screenshot #save for posting
Click image for larger version

Name:	outline.sh.ghost.png
Views:	4
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	167633

#OUTLINE text
fbink -t $tt,size=86 "OUTLINE" -o -M -m -c
fbink -t $tt,size=86,top=2,left=2 "OUTLINE" -o -M -m

Name:	outline.sh.outline.png
Views:	11
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	167542
#3D text
fbink -c ''
i=0
while [ $i -le 40 ]; do
  fbink -t $tt,size=76 "3 D" -M -m -o
  fbink -t $tt,size=76,top="$i",left="$i" "3 D" -M -m -o
  i=$(($i + 4))
done

Name:	outline.sh.3D.png
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	167540
#ZOOMED text
fbink -t $tt,size=126 "ZOOM" -M -m -o -c
i=118
while [ $i -ge 8 ]; do
  fbink -t $tt,size=$i "ZOOM" -M -m -o
  fbink -t $tt,size=$i,left=3 "ZOOM" -M -m -o
  i=$(($i - 8))
done

Name:	outline.sh.zoom.png
Views:	5
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	167634

#EMBOSSED text
fbink -t $tt,size=66,top=8,left=8 "EMBOSSED" -M -m -C GRAYC -c
fbink -t $tt,size=66,top=0,left=0 "EMBOSSED" -M -m -o
fbink -t $tt,size=66,top=2,left=2 "EMBOSSED" -M -m -o

Name:	outline.sh.embossed.png
Views:	13
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	167541
#SHADOW text
fbink -t $tt,size=76,top=0,left=0     "SHADOW" -M -m -C GRAYC --bgless -c
fbink -t $tt,size=76,top=30,left=30 "SHADOW" -M -m -C GRAYC --bgless
fbink -t $tt,size=76,top=0,left=0     "SHADOW" -M -m -o
fbink -t $tt,size=76,top=4,left=4     "SHADOW" -M -m -o

Name:	outline.sh.shadow.png
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	167543
#put the Kindle back into action
killall -cont cvm
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 0
[EDIT 2018-11-08 added more effects]
[EDIT 2018-11-11 added ghost and zoom effects]

Last edited by PoP; 11-11-2018 at 01:10 PM.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:46 AM   #154
codex-hex
codex-hex began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura edition 2
System freezes completely while i am in the koreader so i cannot get the log.tenet connection drops too.1.9 release did this.1.8.x dont make my system freeze but fbink hello world didnt work.
codex-hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #155
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@codex-hex:

* How are you testing things?

I assume you're typing stuff in a shell, so you should at least be able to show me what you're typing and what's the shell output before it hangs.
Unless you're doing this from KOReader's term, in which case, don't, use a real ssh/telnet shell (ssh if possible, less finicky).

* Does image/non-OT rendering work?
Old 11-10-2018, 12:36 PM   #156
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v1.9.1!

A bunch of bugfixes, as well as PW4 support .
Old 11-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #157
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^

Not sure if v1.9.1 introduced these 2 behaviours, or else:

Code:
[root@kindle us]# fbink -t regular=/mnt/us/linkfonts/fonts/poplarstd.otf,size=100 "123456" -M -m -c
[FBInk] Enabled Legacy einkfb Kindle quirks
[FBInk] Clock tick frequency appears to be 100 Hz
[FBInk] Screen density set to 167 dpi
[FBInk] Variable fb info: 600x800, 4bpp @ rotation: 0 (Upright, 0°)
[FBInk] Fontsize set to 16x16 (IBM base glyph size: 8x8)
[FBInk] Line length: 37 cols, Page size: 50 rows
[FBInk] Fixed fb info: ID is "eink_fb", length of fb mem: 483328 bytes & line length: 300 bytes
[FBInk] Pen colors set to #000000 -> #FFFFFF for the foreground and #FFFFFF -> #000000 for the background
Loading font '/mnt/us/linkfonts/fonts/poplarstd.otf' for the Regular style
[FBInk] Font '/mnt/us/linkfonts/fonts/poplarstd.otf' loaded
Printing string '123456' @ 100pt, honoring the following margins { Top: 0px, Bottom: 0px, Left: 0px, Right: 0px } (formatted: N, overlay: N, no BG: N, no FG: N, inverted: N, flashing: N, centered: Y, H align: 0, halfway: Y, V align: 0, clear screen: Y)
[root@kindle us]# screenshot

Name:	123456.png
Views:	6
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	167630 I was expecting black on white, color seems inversed.
[root@kindle us]# fbink -t regular=/mnt/us/linkfonts/fonts/poplarstd.otf,size=100 "1234567" -M -m -c
[FBInk] Fixed fb info: ID is "eink_fb", length of fb mem: 483328 bytes & line length: 300 bytes
[FBInk] Pen colors set to #000000 -> #FFFFFF for the foreground and #FFFFFF -> #000000 for the background
Loading font '/mnt/us/linkfonts/fonts/poplarstd.otf' for the Regular style
[FBInk] Font '/mnt/us/linkfonts/fonts/poplarstd.otf' loaded
Printing string '1234567' @ 100pt, honoring the following margins { Top: 0px, Bottom: 0px, Left: 0px, Right: 0px } (formatted: N, overlay: N, no BG: N, no FG: N, inverted: N, flashing: N, centered: Y, H align: 0, halfway: Y, V align: 0, clear screen: Y)
[root@kindle us]# screenshot

Name:	1234567.png
Views:	5
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	167631I was expecting the 7 be on the second line or possibly just be clipped from the middle line.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:04 PM   #158
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@PoP: Probably not new, no . Is that font available somewhere so that I can replicate this and see what shakes?
Old 11-11-2018, 12:39 PM   #159
PoP

^PMed.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:09 AM   #160
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@PoP: Got it, thanks .

Quite a few things going wrong there (printing the lowercase 'i' crashes), so, more testing tomorrow...

But, yeah, the inversion was borked on einkfb for B&W, so, that's fixed, at least .
Old 11-12-2018, 04:40 PM   #161
PoP

One more thing, trying to print the rocket 🚀 at U+1F680 (UTF-8 Surrogate pair U+D83D U+DE80) defies the parser ...more Unicode fun.

Code:
[root@kindle us]# fbink -t regular=/mnt/us/linkfonts/fonts/unscii-8.otf,size=86 -o -M -m -c < u1F680
[FBInk] Codepoint U+D83D is not covered by this font!
[FBInk] Codepoint U+DE80 is not covered by this font!
[root@kindle us]#
Attached Files
File Type: zip u1F680.zip (154 Bytes, 3 views)
Old 11-12-2018, 04:50 PM   #162
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@PoP: Ah, that's easy, forgot to plug OT support into the stdin codepath ;p.

EDIT: And now I properly get 2 squares (one if I feed it U+1F680 directly) because there's no rocket glyph in my unscii version .

EDIT²: But with Win 10's symbol font, we have liftoff!

Code:
./fbink -t regular=seguisym.ttf,size=86 -o -M -m -c -v "<0001f680>"                                                                                                                                                              ──(Tue, Sep 13)─┘
[FBInk] Variable fb info: 600x800, 8bpp @ rotation: 0 (Upright, 0°)
[FBInk] Fixed fb info: ID is "eink_fb", length of fb mem: 966656 bytes & line length: 600 bytes
Loading font 'seguisym.ttf' for the Regular style
Initialized libunibreak
[FBInk] Font 'seguisym.ttf' loaded
Printing string '��' @ 86pt, honoring the following margins { Top: 0px, Bottom: 0px, Left: 0px, Right: 0px } (formatted: N, overlay: Y, no BG: N, no FG: N, inverted: N, flashing: N, centered: Y, H align: 0, halfway: Y, V align: 0, clear screen: Y)
Printing OpenType text.
Unformatted text defaulting to Regular font style
Max BL: 162  Max Desc: -37  Max LG: 0
Finished looking for linebreaks
Current Measured LW: 139  Line# 0
1 lines to be printed
Maximum printable height is 800
Actual print height is 199
Max LW: 600  Max LH: 199  Max BL: 162  FntSize: 199
Finished printing line# 0
Refreshing region from LEFT: 230, TOP: 300, WIDTH: 139, HEIGHT: 199
Area is: x1: 0, y1: 0, x2: 600, y2: 800 with fx: 0
Detected a full-screen area, upgrading to FBIO_EINK_UPDATE_DISPLAY
We don't do any shaping, so you have to use precomposed characters.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20181112_220833.png
Views:	12
Size:	305.2 KB
ID:	167659  

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-12-2018 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:52 PM   #163
PoP

@NiLuJe: Great, is "<0001f680>" a forthcoming new notation in strings?
Old 11-12-2018, 06:23 PM   #164
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@PoP: Nope, that's ZSH (or Konsole?) .
Old 11-12-2018, 07:03 PM   #165
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@PoP: Go forth, and break stuff! ;p.
Attached Files
File Type: gz FBInk-v1.9.1-13-g31de556-kindle.tar.gz (1.51 MB, 3 views)

Tags
eips, fbink