Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-04-2017, 03:39 PM   #1
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Tiny text between lines?

What is the tiny text I see on some pages?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2901.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	159810  
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #2
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle PW2, Nexus 7
That is the "Popular Highlights" feature.

You can turn it off in Settings -> Reading Options -> Notes & About this Book
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:37 PM   #3
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
That is the "Popular Highlights" feature.

You can turn it off in Settings -> Reading Options -> Notes & About this Book
Thank you so much... I had noticed it on a few books and could never figure out what it was.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:55 PM   #4
rcentros
Grump
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & w/GL, Kindle Basic 4 (NT), Touch, Basic 8, Sony PRS-T2, 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
Thank you so much... I had noticed it on a few books and could never figure out what it was.
I've never been able to figure out why someone else's highlights should be important to me. The feature is easy to shut off though, so no big deal.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
It's a silly feature. Why would I care about what was highlighted by others?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:00 PM   #6
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo AuraHD/Aura6"/AuraH2O/GloHD/AuraOne
Apparently, these days, everybody is supposed to be interested in everything everybody else has done. Hence the global popularity of Facebook, Twitter etc. I don't get it myself. Just out of touch with modern living, I suppose
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:48 AM   #7
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Apparently, these days, everybody is supposed to be interested in everything everybody else has done. Hence the global popularity of Facebook, Twitter etc. I don't get it myself. Just out of touch with modern living, I suppose
Exactly why I turned it off... I could not care less what everyone else was interested in.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:25 AM   #8
Deskisamess
Addict
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, iPhone 7+, iPad mini, iPad Pro 12.9", KOA2
When I’m reading a classic, like Jane Eyre, I leave popular highlights on. For all other books I turn it off.

If you’re reading an Oprah’s Book Club edition book, those highlights can’t be turned off. I never even consider buying them.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:37 AM   #9
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
When I’m reading a classic, like Jane Eyre, I leave popular highlights on. For all other books I turn it off.

If you’re reading an Oprah’s Book Club edition book, those highlights can’t be turned off. I never even consider buying them.
I am probably pretty safe on this one...
Old 11-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I actually find it interesting to see what other people consider worthy of note, although since I sideload all my content and leave WiFi turned off, I rarely see the highlights.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:46 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post

I will remember this. Thanks for the heads up.
Cinisajoy is online now   Reply With Quote