Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-05-2015, 07:10 PM   #196
AuntiWiddershins
AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuntiWiddershins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo auraHD
German to English Kobo Fromat Dictionary

This is a German to English translation Dictionary thanks to Frank Richter (https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~fri/ ). The file is GPL2.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-de-en.zip (9.59 MB, 3177 views)
AuntiWiddershins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:17 AM   #197
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
@oren64 : I tried to reproduce the issue (also creating chinese word-definition pairs), and failed to reproduce it. Sorry, the defect will remain, until I understand it better or someone else discovers the root of the problem.

@AuntiWiddershins : added to the first post, thank you.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:11 AM   #198
ewab101
ewab101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Help! I downloaded Kobo Polish- English dictionary, changed the file. Everything was working, until I restarted my Kobo. It restored the oryginal file. What should I do to fix it?? Copying again and again the same file is annoying.
ewab101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:50 AM   #199
abbytross
abbytross began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Smile hello dignitaries

My greetings to the admins and I am expecting a positive conclusion of my dilemma in this forum. I own a Kobo Glo, and have been wildly searching for an English -Hindi dictionary for the device. Being in grave need of this dictionary and non-techie, could I expect a great help from you? This English- Hindi Dictionary isn't available anywhere and I couldn't solve it myself. Please.... I am looking up to you for an exact solution.
abbytross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:33 AM   #200
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
abbytross,
if you like you can try this dictionary. It is not very comprehensive. I took the source from the LANGUAGE TECHNOLOGIES RESEARCH CENTER IIIT HYDERABAD. For the license, see this post.

Note: Since I do not have my kobo reader with me, I did not test the dictionary. Do not forget to rename the file (maybe dicthtml-en-en.zip is a good choice).

Edit: I had a chance to test this English-Hindi dictionary. I does work. However, as one can guess from the size, the number of lexical entries is very limited.

Edit: Maybe I should mention that you need to have a Unicode Devanagari font installed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-hi.zip (1.27 MB, 483 views)

Last edited by tshering; 12-14-2015 at 05:19 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 02:34 PM   #201
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
A good custom Spanish/English dictionary ?

Like many other members of the forum, I would be very interested in a good Spanish to English custom dictionary if your project was successful.

Thank you,
Rojofo.
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:49 PM   #202
twilek
twilek began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle Paperwhite 3, Pocketbook InkPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danell View Post
I tried using SE but it didn't show up.
Might it be because the language code is SV and not SE (which is the country code)?
twilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:41 PM   #203
Tho82
Tho82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Spanish -> German -> Spanish

Hey there,

first i want to say hi @ll, i'm new here..

I just bought a Kobo Aura H2O and would love to install a German -> Spanish -> German dictionary. Does anyone knows if there is one available or able to generate one?

Thank you very much..

Tho
Tho82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #204
pl_sh
pl_sh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hello guys,
I'm new here, I've been through all the pages, I'm very interested. Thank you very much for the great job.
I have a Kobo Aura that I use to read epub in French and in English.
I would be interested to read hebrew epubs with integrated dictionnary.
I've read the post of rmreader (sept 2014) and download his en-he dictionary, it's seems to work on my aura.
But I would be interested in the he-en dictionary, do you know is some one try to create it ?

Thanks

PH
pl_sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:16 PM   #205
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi pl_sh

I'm surprised that the English-Hebrew show on your device, i have to patch my Glo and add Hebrew keyboard to see the translation.

I didn't try the dictionary, if you only see characters like"(,," you need to patch your device and add Hebrew keyboard.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-he-en.zip (2.58 MB, 725 views)

Last edited by oren64; 01-20-2016 at 05:44 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 03:47 AM   #206
pl_sh
pl_sh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hi Oren,
for the En-He dict. I confirm it works without keyboard added.
To manage with Hebrew books I had to change the extension to .kepub.epub like I read it in this forum.It works I mean it appears from right to left correctly, I can moove ahead and back normally I mean in reverse direction of course. But when I try to select a word it select just to characteres. Do you face this issue too ?
Sorry for the late response I've just seen it this morning. I will install the dictionary to see whats happen without much hope because of the selection problem I suppose. But on friday only I will recover my aura on thirsday evening. I will post the results. Have a good week. Phil
pl_sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:40 AM   #207
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm using He-He dictionary and didn't face this problem.
I think dictionary see the Hebrew words as characters and can't mark the word as one.

Patch the device and add a Hebrew keyboard.
See Index to the Metazoa firmware patches, and enable Hebrew keyboard in libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch file.
it fix the problem, it also show Hebrew in the TOC and library.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:01 PM   #208
rmreader
rmreader began at the beginning.

Hi abbytross, tho82 and others,

There are many gpl dictionaries at http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/freedict.de/. They can be converted directly using penelope. I also converted the english-hindi dictionary so you can try if this one is better or worse than the one tshering gave to abbytross and we can keep the best one.

Another place to get free dictionaries is http://www.babylon.com/free-dictionaries/. It also has specialized dictionaries. You can convert the BGL file to stardict format using stardict-editor from stardict-tools. This is how to do that:
# start the program stardict-editor
# An editor will be opened where you need to browse and select you .BGL file(Babylon Dictionary)
# In the bottom of the opened application you select BGL file and click on Build button
# It will create a file with an extension .babylon.
# Next browse and select this file
# In the bottom of the opened application you select Babylon file and click on Build button
# That's it. It will create 3 files (.dict.dz, .idx, .ifo) in the current directory
# After that, you can convert to Kobo format using penelope.

I converted the Spanish-German dictionary found there. There was no German-Spanish dictionary, maybe someone else has it.

Kind regards,
Ruud Mulder
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-hi.zip (1.40 MB, 468 views)
File Type: zip dicthtml-es-de.zip (1.31 MB, 549 views)
rmreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:28 AM   #209
coupe
coupe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura hd
I am having problem with custom dictionary with the latest firmware. I copy custom dictionary in to kobo and i can use it some time, but probably when i sync kobo, it replaces the custom one with default kobo dictionary. Is there a solution for this?
coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:41 AM   #210
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
You can use the patch: `Change dicthtml strings to micthtml`
These let you use persistent dictionaries between updates.

See here first and select your correct firmware.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo dictionaries