Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-15-2015, 03:04 AM   #301
petrovich
Connoisseur
petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: none
Hello,

Can anybody please advise me how to check the Boyue model by serial number(or some other way of checking)? I've bought T62 device at aliexpress, the seller declared it as T62+, and the "Device info" says "T62D". However, the box and documentation say T62(all the rest is in Chinese, and I don't read Chinese), the engraving on the back of the device also says just "T62" and the screen doesn't look to me like Carta –– I have Kobo Aura H2O for comparison, and this Boyue guy looks like having a bit lower contrast and maybe even a bit darker white –– it rather reminds me the screen of my old NST GW. This all together looks a bit suspicious to me. I believe it is not a big technical problem to hack a "device model" string in case one really wants to sell a batch of T62 devices pretending them to be T62D, right? So I'd really appreciate any advise on the device model verification.

TIA
petrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:43 AM   #302
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovich View Post
Hello,

Can anybody please advise me how to check the Boyue model by serial number(or some other way of checking)? I've bought T62 device at aliexpress, the seller declared it as T62+, and the "Device info" says "T62D". However, the box and documentation say T62(all the rest is in Chinese, and I don't read Chinese), the engraving on the back of the device also says just "T62" and the screen doesn't look to me like Carta –– I have Kobo Aura H2O for comparison, and this Boyue guy looks like having a bit lower contrast and maybe even a bit darker white –– it rather reminds me the screen of my old NST GW. This all together looks a bit suspicious to me. I believe it is not a big technical problem to hack a "device model" string in case one really wants to sell a batch of T62 devices pretending them to be T62D, right? So I'd really appreciate any advise on the device model verification.

TIA
Try installing cpu-z. It will tell you the resolution and dpi.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:05 PM   #303
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Hello,

TIA
The name "T62+" was given to it by the sellers to show the difference. They're all called T62 (or T61) by Boyue, but the variation in Model Number displayed under "About Device" section shows which hardware version the device is using.

AFAIK there isn't any significant differences between the hardware inside versions before T62D/T61D ([A?,] B, C). The hardware used in versions "D" are the same as the previous ones except the screen which was upgraded to E-Ink Carta (also the front-light system was significantly improved which puts this device's front-light distribution over the screen between some of the best I've seen). There are review/unboxing videos on YouTube of the previous hardware versions (Boyue/Icarus/ES) which you can compare with your device and the newer videos of the newer models.

Kobo Aura H2O's screen has a higher DPI/resolution than these which may be the reason you see a bit difference between them. Also the fonts might make a big difference: Use better apps like Moon+ Reader, set the background to white and the font color to the darkest black in their settings to see the magic!

Here are some pictures of the packaging and the looks of Boyue T62D (T62+): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...62#post3062162

If yours looks exactly like that, then it's a T62+ because they've made the packaging and the appearance of the device much nicer in this model (the previous ones had everything written on them in white and a big white "Boyue" written on the bottom front; the packaging color was also white I think).

Last edited by hob; 06-15-2015 at 02:12 PM.
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:20 PM   #304
petrovich
Connoisseur
petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Try installing cpu-z. It will tell you the resolution and dpi.
But they both have the same resolution/dpi, aren't they? 758x1024, 212dpi. Actually, if the comparison table at, say, Energisystem shows the only difference: Carta vs Pearl.
I like the direction, though -- didn't think myself about any diagnostic soft. Thanks a lot. The only question now is what can diagnose the display type...

Installed cpu-z, it is kinda fun anyway... alas, this thing doesn't read display type.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #305
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Question Boyue Shine

This wasn't on their website last week:

http://www.boyue.com/
http://www.boyue.com/a/ebook/

Any idea what this "Boyue Shine" is? Looks like T62[+] with a nicer body, touch navigation/volume keys on the right and left side, and a menu (or whatever) button which seems to be touch-sensitive like the other ones.

There's no information available on the site at the moment and they've not yet started selling it on their official store: http://boyuesm.tmall.com/

Is it the D81 concept without the ambitious part about creating the bestest product ever?! https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=253324

At the same time, seems like Energy Sistem had removed "Energy eReader Pro+" from their products page and probably is going to stop selling them as soon as the existing ones are all sold.

http://www.energysistem.com/en/products/ebook_reader

Coincidence? I don't think so! I think they're probably going to replace it with this better-looking "Boyue Shine" as their E-Ink Carta model.

Last edited by hob; 06-15-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:44 PM   #306
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
But they both have the same resolution/dpi, aren't they? 758x1024, 212dpi.
Oh yeah. Doh! I think better screen, I think resolution.

Quote:
Actually, if the comparison table at, say, Energisystem shows the only difference: Carta vs Pearl.
I like the direction, though -- didn't think myself about any diagnostic soft. Thanks a lot. The only question now is what can diagnose the display type...

Installed cpu-z, it is kinda fun anyway... alas, this thing doesn't read display type.
I wonder if anything at all in the system is different though. In build.prop maybe?
Old 06-15-2015, 02:46 PM   #307
petrovich
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hob View Post
The name "T62+" was given to it by the sellers to show the difference. They're all called T62 (or T61) by Boyue, but the variation in Model Number displayed under "About Device" section shows which hardware version the device is using.

AFAIK there isn't any significant differences between the hardware inside versions before T62D/T61D ([A?,] B, C). The hardware used in versions "D" are the same as the previous ones except the screen which was upgraded to E-Ink Carta (also the front-light system was significantly improved which puts this device's front-light distribution over the screen between some of the best I've seen). There are review/unboxing videos on YouTube of the previous hardware versions (Boyue/Icarus/ES) which you can compare with your device and the newer videos of the newer models.

Kobo Aura H2O's screen has a higher DPI/resolution than these which may be the reason you see a bit difference between them. Also the fonts might make a big difference: Use better apps like Moon+ Reader, set the background to white and the font color to the darkest black in their settings to see the magic!

Here are some pictures of the packaging and the looks of Boyue T62D (T62+): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...62#post3062162

If yours looks exactly like that, then it's a T62+ because they've made the packaging and the appearance of the device much nicer in this model (the previous ones had everything written on them in white and a big white "Boyue" written on the bottom front; the packaging color was also white I think).
Thanks a lot, I've checked the pictures -- yes, the package looks exactly the same as mine. The bottom front engraving says "boyue technology", and it is definitely not "big white", but rather dark and fine, so probably it is T62+ indeed and I can relax, bless the great aliexpress lady and hope she will forgive me my suspicions.

Cheers!
Old 06-15-2015, 02:50 PM   #308
hob
Connoisseur

Quote:
But they both have the same resolution/dpi, aren't they? 758x1024, 212dpi.
No, Kobo Aura H2O's screen resolution is 1430x1080P @ 265DPI.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #309
petrovich
Connoisseur

Quote:
No, Kobo Aura H2O's screen resolution is 1430x1080P @ 265DPI.
No, by "they both" I meant T62 and T62+ )
Old 06-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #310
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

At the same time, seem like Energy Sistem had removed "Energy eReader Pro+" from their products page and probably is going to stop selling them as soon as the existing ones are all sold.

Coincidence? I don't think so! I think they're probably going to replace it with this better-looking "Boyue Shine" as their E-Ink Carta model.
The pro+ shows up when I look. Problem us that they want to charge me VAT and I am in the US.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1434395692816.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	139325
Old 06-15-2015, 03:23 PM   #311
petrovich
Connoisseur

Quote:
The pro+ shows up when I look.
Yes, same here.

Quote:
Problem us that they want to charge me VAT and I am in the US.
After being ensured I've got the right unit I am very happy with the aliexpress lady. My total cost(she also throws in a cover) was about $123 and the shipping took about 2 weeks. I highly recommend her: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/636056
Old 06-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #312
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes, same here.

After being ensured I've got the right unit I am very happy with the aliexpress lady. My total cost(she also throws in a cover) was about $123 and the shipping took about 2 weeks. I highly recommend her: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/636056
I don't see the Pro+, and I see the T62+ for $219!
Old 06-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #313
hob
Connoisseur

Quote:
The pro+ shows up when I look. Problem us that they want to charge me VAT and I am in the US.
Attachment 139325
Quote:
Yes, same here.
lolwut?!

I changed my IP to another country and yeah it is still there! I don't know why the site doesn't show it when I use a UK/FR IP. lol

It was there until a few days ago. Either a bug or they can't or don't want to sell it in some countries.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:14 PM   #314
petrovich
Connoisseur

Quote:
I don't see the Pro+, and I see the T62+ for $219!
There are some sellers there with such prices, yes. However, the one I've bought was this one(from the seller I've recommended):
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...219612168.html

Description(not the header) says it is T62+, and the package was exactly the same as at the link hob posted before:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...62#post3062162

Yes, it will be T62+ instead of Energi Pro+, but in case you don't care about the label, this shouldn't make any diff, should it?
Old 06-15-2015, 04:28 PM   #315
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
This wasn't on their website last week:

http://www.boyue.com/
http://www.boyue.com/a/ebook/

Any idea what this "Boyue Shine" is? Looks like T62[+] with a nicer body, touch navigation/volume keys on the right and left side, and a menu (or whatever) button which seems to be touch-sensitive like the other ones.

There's no information available on the site at the moment and they've not yet started selling it on their official store: http://boyuesm.tmall.com/

Is it the D81 concept without the ambitious part about creating the bestest product ever?! https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=253324

At the same time, seems like Energy Sistem had removed "Energy eReader Pro+" from their products page and probably is going to stop selling them as soon as the existing ones are all sold.

I'll bet that this Boyue Shine is also this new mysterious reader that has shown up on the Arta Tech site:https://onyx-boox.com/shop/inkbook-o...id-apps-light/

It's called the inkBook Onyx, but Onyx doesn't make it. It looks suspiciously like the Boyue Shine!!!!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote