Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
el.jeffe58
Vocophorian
el.jeffe58 began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HDX7, Voyage, PW2, Touch 3G, Fire TV
PW2 highlighting tip for me?

I have trouble de-highlighting a word or a few on my PW2 after I overshoot the intended amount of words. When that occurs, I try to grab the icon at the end of the highlight and quite often I cannot grab it or cannot make a precision highlight. Then, I tend to get jumpy and wind up skipping to the next page due to erroneous page turn. Any tips?

Last edited by el.jeffe58; 12-08-2013 at 08:57 AM.
el.jeffe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
You bring up the menu and select View Notes and Marks and find the highlight you want to delete. Press and hold it for a couple of seconds and it'll offer the option of deleting it.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
Alternatively you can re-highlight any part of the highlight you want to delete and hold it. Same "Delete" option will be offered.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
When I overshoot the chunk of words that I want to highlight I typically just touch anywhere outside of the highlighted words and pop-up options to de-highlight everything and start my touch and drag over again!

Or, I don't take my finger off of the screen (end the touch) until I have the correct words selected. You can drag back and forth, up and down, page to page, so you really don't even need to lift your finger until you have slid around all over the place and have the correct words selected. Then you can lift your finger to finalize the selection.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #5
el.jeffe58
Vocophorian
el.jeffe58 began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HDX7, Voyage, PW2, Touch 3G, Fire TV
Good tips. Thanks all.
el.jeffe58 is offline   Reply With Quote