Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #16
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yay! Thanks for 0.7.4! Working great here.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #17
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks for doing the Mavericks update.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #18
NPOratik
NPOratik began at the beginning.

Device: iBooks
I upgraded my OS to Mavericks, again. Sigil 0.7.4 seems work well. Thanks!!
NPOratik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #19
tmansfield
tmansfield began at the beginning.

Device: Mac, iPad
Embedded Fonts

Embedded fonts still aren't displaying correctly for me (using 0.7.4 on Mavericks). They were working beautifully with 0.7.4 until the Mavericks upgrade. Exactly what it *will* display in Book View changes every time I reopen the program.

The ability to switch back and forth between Code and Book View is something that I valued in Sigil.

FWIW, I was using @font-face in the css.
tmansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #20
ordzo
ordzo began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmansfield View Post
Embedded fonts still aren't displaying correctly ...
Yes, embedded fonts are big problem...
I hope this problem is corrected soon...

Quote:
The only workaround I found is to install fonts in Mac OS X, use font-family to display them and embed fonts using @font-face at the end.
This workaround is not working despite I allways use this for embedding fonts...
ordzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:21 AM   #21
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
It sounds that the old QT bug is back again with regards to embedded fonts.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Trusting Book View to properly display embedded fonts 100% of the time has always been a risky proposition at best (although it was thought to have been fixed in Qt5). Longtime users of Sigil learned long ago not to trust everything they see (or don't see) in Book View. Always double-check on a target device (or ADE) if there's any doubts when it comes to rendering (especially with regard to embedded fonts).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #23
FrMartin
FrMartin began at the beginning.

Device: Sigil
Yeah, I don't understand that "workaround." I mean that's how I embedded the fonts but they still look like random gobblety gook in "book view" in Sigil.

If anyone can figure out a solution for a person who doesn't know QT from Quicktime, I sure could use some help. I had just figured out how to workaround iBook's dislike for embedding fonts (i.e. the com.apple.ibooks.display-options trick) and now I can't view them in Sigil.
FrMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:23 AM   #24
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
There is nothing you can do about it. It is a bug in Qt (not quicktime), which is the framework used. We can only hope that Nokia will fix it.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #25
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Unless you have a large variety of fonts (see ransom note syndrome), once you have established that the fonts work in a real device you can just continue working with the document. It is not consequential whether or not they show in Sigil, though it sure was nice that they did for a while.

While it is fun to play typographer, the more complex you get, the more likely the document will fail in a different device or when a ereader manufacturer makes a change in hardware or a publisher like Apple or Nook makes a change in what they will accept.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #26
tmansfield
tmansfield began at the beginning.

Device: Mac, iPad
Having ADE available solves my immediate practical problem to a degree, in that this ADE "book view" refreshes fairly readily after I've made code changes in Sigil. It's just that I would much rather have one program in which I can compose in book view, and then easily switch back and forth between that and code view. (None of the other available options have allowed for the importing of an existing ePub and its subsequent accurate display. They all fail in one way or another. Sigil had been working beautifully, doing exactly what I wanted without complaint, and I miss that.) As things stand, I now have to compose in Sigil code view and then use ADE to monitor the consequent changes.

This is certainly not a significant complaint in the grand scheme of life, and I suppose it just comes down to it being an annoyance whose clunkiness is all the more irritating because it is unnecessary, based solely on my having jumped to Mavericks without having been smart enough to give it several months' worth of debug settling first. Of all the things that the Mavericks update might have broken, this one simply did not occur to me as a possibility. It should have, and I should have left well enough alone.
tmansfield is offline   Reply With Quote