Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Red face OSX Mavericks: iBooks now, not iTunes

Will there be a change in the code to address the change of location of books to an iBooks specific folder?

I thought iBooks was going to be a separate optional download, but it isn't, and all my books have been migrated now... so none exist in iTunes any longer, and Calibre cannot see them.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Will there be a change in the code to address the change of location of books to an iBooks specific folder?
I don't own your device but check out this plugin it may be your solution.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
That plugin is for iOS reader applications, installed on an iDevice. I don't plan to install Mavericks until the official release, I will look at what's involved in supporting iBooks under OS X at that time.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
That plugin is for iOS reader applications, installed on an iDevice. I don't plan to install Mavericks until the official release, I will look at what's involved in supporting iBooks under OS X at that time.

G
Thanks. I can still use open in from other sources. Right now I can't even see where the folder has gone. Its been moved out of the iTunes area to somewhere else... but just where that is, I have NO idea. Still looking :-/
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
kurabolna
kurabolna began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Under advanced settings in your iTunes preferences you have iTunes media folder location.
Your books should still be there, at least mine are. Otherwise iBooks is still buggy as hell. For instance there is no way to edit book informations from within iBooks, you can't even correct a typo. All you can do is group them in collections, and that's something i've missed dearly.
kurabolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
Devon
Enthusiast
Devon began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle
My books moved to /Users/(name)/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks
they are no longer in iTunes.
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As noted in the calibre + iDevices sticky and the iOS reader applications plugin, the changes made to iTunes and iBooks for OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) have broken the existing Apple drivers. I do not have an estimate of if or when this might be fixed. For the record, I have many man-months of development effort in the existing iTunes/iBooks code, so I'm not happy about these changes.

For the time being, iOS iBooks users have three options:
  • Revert to an earlier version of OS X
  • Use calibre's content server to open books in iOS iBooks using the 'Open in' functionality
  • Consider switching to Marvin for ePubs and GoodReader for PDFs.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
Kloos
Kloos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
In Mavericks iBooks about 1/3 of my library disappeared and the rest is still in the Music Library. Happily I have Calibre and I switched to Marvin.
Kloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:36 AM   #9
stormerider
stormerider began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3, Nook Color, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I don't own your device but check out this plugin it may be your solution.
"This plugin does not work with iBooks under OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) at this time."
stormerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormerider View Post
"This plugin does not work with iBooks under OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) at this time."
In responding to an old post you are stating the obvious. Please read the current posts in this thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Appropos of nothing, I liked OS X better when it was a cat. Now it's unbranded calves. Prey animals (plural, as in a herd), rather than a mighty predator.

Last edited by unboggling; 10-26-2013 at 09:38 AM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #12
stormerider

Here's my workaround: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225516
Old 10-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #13
stormerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
In responding to an old post you are stating the obvious. Please read the current posts in this thread.
Sorry, didn't notice the post date at the time.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #14
HowardBrazee
Zealot
HowardBrazee began at the beginning.

I don't buy e-books from Apple, I only buy e-books that have Calibre add-ons to remove the DRM. Once I convert a book to epub, I used to drag it to iTunes, but now I open that epub using the e-reader. After a while it shows up available on my iPad.
HowardBrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #15
HowardBrazee
Zealot
HowardBrazee began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
My books moved to /Users/(name)/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks
they are no longer in iTunes.
It's a real pain to get to hidden directories. I did go there with the intention of saving that directory in Finder, but when I saw that Apple cryptically renamed all of the books I had with meaningful names in Calibre, I decided it didn't matter.
HowardBrazee is offline   Reply With Quote