Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #1
Blessing
Blessing began at the beginning.

Device: android and pc
From epub to pdf: Formatting

Hi everyone, i just came across this superb software.

I want to convert an epub file to a pdf file with a format similar to http://www.danbrown.com/wp-content/t...ok_excerpt.pdf

To be specific, I like the spacing of the chapter title (between the top and the text) and I also like to have the very first letter in each chapter to be bigger and have a different color (like what you see in the link).

Can this be done in Calibre? Thanks.
Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
If your source epub already displays your preferred spacing and coloured dropcaps, then they should be retained in the pdf output. But you can't create the spacing/dropcaps as part of the calibre conversion.

If your epub doesn't already have the necessary styling then you could use the Sigil epub editor program to create it. Although you would need some basic html/css knowledge to do so because it's not a 'magic button' kind of option.

P.S. Welcome to MobileRead

Last edited by jackie_w; 06-02-2013 at 08:24 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote