Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Elmore Leonard

I'm reading his novel Dijibouti. I'm just getting into it but I'm a little disappointed so far. He has these two characters with conflicting interests and desires who are SUDDENLY sharing this complete confidence and trust. It was like Leonard didn't want to work hard enough to build up to that point; he was just skipping along to fulfill his plot needs. But there's the trademark good stuff about Leonard too. I'm not giving up.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearstardiode View Post
I'm reading his novel Dijibouti. I'm just getting into it but I'm a little disappointed so far. He has these two characters with conflicting interests and desires who are SUDDENLY sharing this complete confidence and trust. It was like Leonard didn't want to work hard enough to build up to that point; he was just skipping along to fulfill his plot needs. But there's the trademark good stuff about Leonard too. I'm not giving up.
Be sure and let us know how you like it when you're done. I really enjoyed his earlier books but haven't read this one

Thanks
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Be sure and let us know how you like it when you're done. I really enjoyed his earlier books but haven't read this one

Thanks
Read a little more last night. It seemed to improve (before I fell asleep--lol). (Or maybe I just dreamed I read it.)
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote