Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #946
Montecitorio
Montecitorio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe1010 View Post
Hey,

I managed to install the dictionary in the link you gave me; however, I get a lot of HTML tags when I translate words. For example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ur0ns403z...%2017%20PM.jpg

Do you know how to fix it?
Hey I realized that aswell lol
Go http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/dict.org/
and download "Merrian Webster 10th dictionary"

So far so good and it doesn't have those awful thingies you got on your pic
Also if you're interested you can have a look http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/

and look for other (mainly bilingual) dictionaries!
Montecitorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #947
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorogio View Post
- how to view images?
you may try this: zip them and copy into DK_Documents folder.

see this post.

Last edited by thomass; 12-27-2012 at 11:58 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #948
Montecitorio

Does anyone knows how can I use Duokan push email?
E.g: I'm connected to Internet and I've already registered on their push service but I don't know how to force the download of my sent docs.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #949
ataraxia0
ataraxia0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecitorio View Post
Does anyone knows how can I use Duokan push email?
E.g: I'm connected to Internet and I've already registered on their push service but I don't know how to force the download of my sent docs.
i have same problem. i see the duokan forum and do every instruction they said but problem still here. i register with 2 or 3 different mail but push don't work.

please help
ataraxia0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #950
Montecitorio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataraxia0 View Post
i have same problem. i see the duokan forum and do every instruction they said but problem still here. i register with 2 or 3 different mail but push don't work.

please help
Can you please post the link?
I've somehow manage to get my books over push-email with duokan but I need to log In and out of my account on my kindle every time I email something to it.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #951
ataraxia0
ataraxia0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecitorio View Post
Can you please post the link?
I've somehow manage to get my books over push-email with duokan but I need to log In and out of my account on my kindle every time I email something to it.

http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/thread-70967-1-1.html
ataraxia0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #952
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kindle
Hi Everybody!

Here is some help for Kindle DX Owners:

Duokan install to Kindle DX and DXG (B900 fw.: 2.5.8.)

1. Install the Jailbreak on the Kindle DX
2. Install the Launchpad
As you can see there is a launchpad folder in the kindle's main folder. Here you should create the command ini for the current duokan install. Do it so:
Start the notepad on your computer and insert the text below:

[Actions]
;; run Duokan installer
F D = !sh /mnt/us/DK_System/install/install.sh &

Save this file to folder of Kindle launchpad as duokan.ini

3. Download RAR: Kindle DX - DuoKan - 20.05.2011. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33608656/Duo...20_english.rar
Copy these folders to the Kindle's main folder: DK_System; DK_Documents; DK_Pictures
4. Disconnect the USB connect. Press these buttons: SHIFT-SHIFT-SPACE >> On the screen the "success" text appears and next step is press SHIFT-F-D >> "success"
5. Restart your Kindle and the install has done (Duokan 20.05.2011)! I don't recommend using other version!

The test was succesful with Kindle DXG (B900 FW.:2.5.8)

http://duokanhun.blogspot.hu/2012/12...dle-dx-re.html

Last edited by Kobudera; 12-30-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #953
rorogio
Enthusiast
rorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Dk Translation tool : makes it easier to translate Duokan into your language.
could someone just put the exe file?
thanks!
rorogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:03 AM   #954
Montecitorio

Quote:
thanks!
It's a lost cause dude, Duokan isn't develop in english and making a translation (unless you're chinese) is worthless unless the dev do it.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #955
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Quote:
thanks!

http://duokanhun.blogspot.hu/2012/10...aba-razva.html
Old 01-04-2013, 01:04 AM   #956
buddha2012
buddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toysbuddha2012 shares his or her toys

Device: K3 & K4NT
Installing Duokan 7.4 on Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.1

Hi Everybody,

I just received my brand new Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.1 and it took me quite a long time to figure out how to actually install the newest Duokan 7.4, released end of 2012.
I will sum it up to make it easier for you, just in case anybody else is struggling with the installation.

1. Install the jailbreak for Kindle Paperwhite:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446

How it is done is described in the readme.txt

I tried at least 25 times to press the left upper corner of the screen until the touchscreen recognized the input in jailbreak.mobi so be patient.

2. Download Duokan and unzip the files
3. Copy DK_System to the root directory of the Kindle
4. Copy MOBI8_DEBUG from the "KindlePaperwhite_¦¦Î¦À¿" folder to the root directory
5. Copy Duokan.mobi from the same folder to the /documents folder on your Kindle
6. Disconnect USB cable
7. Open Duokan.mobi in your Kindle
8. Press Install - Duokan starts booting and Kindle will restart. I had to repeat this step twice until my Kindle finally booted fully into Duokan.
9. Change language to English or whatever language you prefer. Instructions (Scroll down and see the pictures): http://duokanhun.blogspot.com.au/201...aba-razva.html

Enjoy Duokan on your Kindle Paperwhite

Last edited by buddha2012; 01-04-2013 at 01:07 AM.
buddha2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #957
rorogio
Enthusiast
rorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobudera View Post
how did you make the screenshots? is that a KP or KT?
rorogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #958
Kobudera
Hungarian

Quote:
how did you make the screenshots? is that a KP or KT?
Screenshot Kindle Touch: Home switch + touch screen center
Old 01-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #959
pharaohseti
pharaohseti began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
This is a Launchpad loader for Duokan2012: Attachment 80765

to use it, just unzip it to your launchpad folder and restart the launchpad with [Shift Shift Space]

to launch Dk'12: press [^D W]
to return to KindleOS: first [alt+sym>"switch to Kindle"] then [^D X]
How'll type these? On kindle home screen I type shift shift space and it says success. But ^D W is not possible. Will we select from Syms or i miss something?
pharaohseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #960
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharaohseti View Post
How'll type these? On kindle home screen I type shift shift space and it says success. But ^D W is not possible. Will we select from Syms or i miss something?
"^D W" means "shift d w" and so on..
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf