Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-18-2023, 08:47 AM   #1
denisuu
Zealot
denisuu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Leaf 2 (White)
How to disable the "Tap to restart this app and go full screen" notification?

In certain applications such as KoReader, every time I rotate my device, I get the notification:

Quote:
Tap to restart this app and go full screen.
Interestingly, the app is already in full screen mode. Does anyone have any know how to eliminate this popup? It's quite annoying.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tap notification.png
Views:	80
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	202713  
denisuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 10:01 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisuu View Post
Does anyone have any know how to eliminate this popup?
Maybe.
In AndroidManifest.xml they have:
Code:
android:resizeableActivity="false"
Why do they do that? Try changing that to true.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2023, 02:37 AM   #3
denisuu
Zealot
denisuu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Leaf 2 (White)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Maybe.
In AndroidManifest.xml they have:
Code:
android:resizeableActivity="false"
Why do they do that? Try changing that to true.
That solved it! Thanks again Renate!

Maybe it would be easier to make a resizeableActivity.lua patch and place it under 'storage/self/primary/koreader/patches/' instead of recompiling the app everytime there's an update. But this will do for now.
denisuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 08:47 AM   #4
nattaponx
nattaponx began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Page
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisuu View Post
That solved it! Thanks again Renate!

Maybe it would be easier to make a resizeableActivity.lua patch and place it under 'storage/self/primary/koreader/patches/' instead of recompiling the app everytime there's an update. But this will do for now.
Could you please share what to write in the .lua file? I'm supper annoyed but the pop-up and want to get reid of it.
nattaponx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 12:50 PM   #5
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattaponx View Post
Could you please share what to write in the .lua file?
Sorry, I don't know anything about Hawaiian Lūʻaus
If this is an apk it has AndroidManifest.xml in it.
You'll need to learn how to use apktool and apksigner.
Then just follow the instruction above.
Advert
Old 09-05-2023, 03:10 PM   #6
nattaponx
nattaponx began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Page
I managed to modify the manifest file, build and sign the adk! Thanks for the tips!!
nattaponx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 07:07 AM   #7
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattaponx View Post
I managed to modify the manifest file, build and sign the adk! Thanks for the tips!!
I'll give you a gold start for getting this done so independently!