Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-29-2020, 11:17 PM   #1
Hossein1376
Hossein1376 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2019
Question Mobi file doesn't identify as Dictionary on kindle 2019

Hello, I was looking for a Persian dictionary and sadly Amazon has no official persian dictionary, so I had to make a custom one.

I used one of Babylon's bgl files which included about 200 thousand entries. Using a script from github, I was able to convert it to html or txt, then to a mobi file. Moved it to: /documents/dictionaries . But it was identified as a seprate file and not a dictionary.

I used mobigenerator to produce a prc file, sadly Amazon doesn't support prc anymore, so I tried converting prc to mobi both on PC and online converters, it was unsuccessful (due to high number of entries I suppose)

I don't know what to do. Why I couldn't use the orginal mobi as a dictionary at first place? I need help
Hossein1376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 11:18 AM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Dictionaries on a kindle have a different format.

See the dictionary FAQ:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=131137
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert