Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-23-2024, 01:05 PM   #2941
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
For Calibre, and maybe Viber and Steam.

Most things such as GIMP, LibreOffice, KATE, Inkscape, Filezilla, Falkon, Okular, Gnumeric, Gramps, Audacious, Audacity, Timeshift, Thunderbird, Chromium, Firefox etc are best from the repository.
The arch repository for Calibre is always up-to-date. It really depends on your flavor of Linux.
rantanplan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 01:36 PM   #2942
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
The arch repository for Calibre is always up-to-date. It really depends on your flavor of Linux.
I believe our @eschwartz is active at Arch, but life happens and things can get delayed (or missed)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 03:23 PM   #2943
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

By the way, is this the right thread to talk about newer database versions?

I’ll take a look into the SQLite database from the 5.0.x firmware and I don’t actually know where I could add the new database version.
Old 05-23-2024, 04:02 PM   #2944
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
By the way, is this the right thread to talk about newer database versions?

I’ll take a look into the SQLite database from the 5.0.x firmware and I don’t actually know where I could add the new database version.
The database version is in the kobo driver in calibre code (calibre.devices.kobo.driver class attribute "supported_dbversion"), currently on line 1401 and set to 175. Any changes required to support a new db version also go in the driver.

This assumes changes to kobo utilities aren't required. If they are then they must be added in a way that preserves existing behavior for people using older firmware.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 04:27 PM   #2945
rantanplan
Weirdo

Of course, I mean I’ll probably need help anyway. The first thing I’m going to do is to compare the SQLite db of my Libra 2 to the Tolino Shine Color and if there are significant differences. After that, we can talk what I’d need to do anyway.
Old 05-23-2024, 04:32 PM   #2946
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Of course, I mean I’ll probably need help anyway. The first thing I’m going to do is to compare the SQLite db of my Libra 2 to the Tolino Shine Color and if there are significant differences. After that, we can talk what I’d need to do anyway.
I'm glad to help if I can, for example with the structure of the driver code and review of proposed changes. For driver changes it would probably be best to open a new thread in the "Development" forum as they will probably get technical very quickly. Perhaps the same for Kobo Utilities ...
Old 05-23-2024, 04:48 PM   #2947
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
For Calibre, and maybe Viber and Steam.

Most things such as GIMP, LibreOffice, KATE, Inkscape, Filezilla, Falkon, Okular, Gnumeric, Gramps, Audacious, Audacity, Timeshift, Thunderbird, Chromium, Firefox etc are best from the repository.
But you won't know it's OK until you try it and there is always a chance it's not OK.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 04:50 PM   #2948
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The database version is in the kobo driver in calibre code (calibre.devices.kobo.driver class attribute "supported_dbversion"), currently on line 1401 and set to 175. Any changes required to support a new db version also go in the driver.

This assumes changes to kobo utilities aren't required. If they are then they must be added in a way that preserves existing behavior for people using older firmware.
Could we just keep an older Kobo Utilities for those on an older calibre and just update it for the the current stuff?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 04:59 PM   #2949
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Could we just keep an older Kobo Utilities for those on an older calibre and just update it for the the current stuff?
Sure, if you are willing to handle all the problem reports or change the plugin distribution system to handle multiple versions of a plugin.

Tags
calibre, kobo, kobo utilities, kobo-utilities, plugins