Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
Meks
Meks began at the beginning.

Device: flatreader
Smile A Newbie from Germany

Good afternoon!

One of my colleagues has recently been looking for info and forums regarding eBook readers, came across this forum, and gave me the link - so now I am here :-)

I work for a company that focuses on point-of-sale hardware; some months ago, we have started to sell an eBook reader as a sort of sideline.

Therefore, I am interested in reading other readers' opinions about eBook readers, their experiences with various models, and of course I am ready to answer any question that may arise in context with the product that we sell.

Happy reading everyone!
- Meike.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
But you do not read these yourself for fun? If not, you should try it some time. You will have a much deeper insight to pass on to your customers.

Here are a few things I really like about my eBook reader:

- More transparent to the reader. No pages to hold open. This sounds like a little thing, but the less fussing one has to do with the reading device, the more enjoyable the reading experience is.

- Traveling light: Reading a big book in paper = heavy & bulky. This is not the case for eBooks.

- Ease & cost of new reading material: Going to the bookstore or library to get another book is no longer necessary. Sometimes, it is still fun. But not necessary. I find myself going to the bookstore more now to hang out and have tea in a social location than to browse books. I still like paper books better for nonfiction, due to their superior display of photos, other visual aids, and more functional tables of contents.

- Free public domain books! Books that are in the public domain are free for eBook readers. In hardcopy books, one still has to cover the cost of the physical product.

- The only downside is trying to stay in shape. It is so easy to read and get new reading material, that one gets less physical exercise.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Meike and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Meike!

This is definitely the place to be if you want information and opinions on ereading! I'm sure you will find that the members here love to discuss all aspects of ereading from the devices to the actual ebook. Enjoy!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2009, 12:54 AM   #6
Meks
Meks began at the beginning.

Device: flatreader
Hello again and thank you for your welcome messages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
But you do not read these yourself for fun? If not, you should try it some time. You will have a much deeper insight to pass on to your customers.
In fact, I do read for fun (at least for as long as I am allowed to keep the flatreader... the one I am currently carrying around with me is the one I will present at the fair).

Every morning when I travel to work, I have the reader with me, and I am glad that I can just set the bookmark and get back to where I was reading last without having to faff with pages and physical bookmarks like a postcard etc.

And it is, of course, much much lighter in my handbag than a "real" book!

The exercise thing is, by the way, not my problem - I have plenty of that, and I need to put on weight anyway ;-)
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote