Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
rtf1976
rtf1976 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
A proud PRS 505 owner

Hi everyone,

Got my reader about a week ago after much will I, wont I debates with myself. Have not put it down, in fact so much so that the Mrs now thinks that I have stopped loving her as I am constantly reading.

I am a big reader and also a gadget freak so the Sony Reader is just perfect for me. The only thing that I find disappointing is availability and pricing of books here in the UK but I suppose these things will work themselves out in the future.

Must go as "The Count Of Monte Cristo" is calling.

Stuart
rtf1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Stuart and welcome to MobileRead. You sound like me. I got a 505 a year ago and am hooked on the damn thing.

Be sure and check out all the free book uploads compatible with the Sony here on Mobileread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
The scary thing is...it gets worse. I loved mine when I bought it, and almost a year later I love it ten times more. Have you checked out the free ebooks here? We have a great selection of Public Domain books for the 505
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:17 AM   #4
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtf1976;
I am a big reader and also a gadget freak so the Sony Reader is just perfect for me. The only thing that I find disappointing is availability and pricing of books here in the UK but I suppose these things will work themselves out in the future.

Must go as "The Count Of Monte Cristo" is calling.

Stuart
Hi Stewart & welcome, as has been said there are loads of free e-books here and elsewhere.

But I agree with you there is very limited & overpriced availability in the UK. Please help yourself & the rest of us ex pat's by emailing the major UK suppliers eg. Play.com Amazon, cdwow etc etc (feedback@---- will usually work) with your views.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote