Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
yagiz
http://is.gd/4flJX
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3G
Proud owner of a PRS-505

Hi all,

Today I made up my mind... I went to the Sony shop... I held my breath... I handed out my credit card... and I bought a Silver PRS-505. It's a brilliant gadget
yagiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Excellent choice yagiz, enjoy !!
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
shawn99
shawn99 began at the beginning.

you think the silver looks nicer but does it contrast against the text? I figured the dark blue would work better and less distracting. Just my opinion.
shawn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #4
yagiz
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

The thing that made me go with Silver was that I saw the demo models had scratches on them. They were not visible on the silver model but they were on the dark model... But I see what you mean in terms of contrast... I guess I'll have a better opinion after a few days of use .
Old 05-05-2008, 11:19 PM   #5
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I opted for the blue, because the funky cute girl at Borders told me the silver was ugly. Yeah - I know. A sucker for a pretty face.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #6
yagiz

LOL! Definitely a better reason than mine
Old 05-06-2008, 12:50 AM   #7
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I have the blue, I chose it because....I like blue
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:13 AM   #8
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I'm the proud owner of a silver one--had it a little over a week. I love it! I got it from Sony Rewards--used my Sony Rewards Visa enough over the last few years that I was able to get one as a "reward". I went with silver because it was the only color offered at Sony Rewards. I've been reading quite a bit on it--and I find it a pleasure to read on.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #9
Corrective
Enthusiast
Corrective began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS-650
nah silver's gotta be the way to go. makes people 'ooh' and 'aah'
Corrective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #10
tgharold
Enthusiast
tgharold began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I went with the dark blue because the color seemed less faddish.
tgharold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #11
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Blue seems to show a lot of finger smudges.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:40 AM   #12
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Blue seems to show a lot of finger smudges.
HINT: You don't have to lick your fingers to change pages.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #13
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
HINT: You don't have to lick your fingers to change pages.
Oh great, now you tell me.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #14
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
I have a silver one and my wife has a blue one. I think the blue one looks nicer just looking at the device, but once you start reading I don't notice a difference.
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #15
tgharold
Enthusiast
tgharold began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I think Sony was smart to offer both a dark blue and a light silver. Seems like most folks have a definite preference for one or the other.
tgharold is offline   Reply With Quote