Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 06:30 PM   #1
jf198501
jf198501 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Ebook Viewer won't work after updating to Calibre 2.75.1

I updated Calibre to 2.75.1 from the previous version and now the Ebook Viewer doesn't work anymore. For example, when trying to open an epub or mobi file -- it populates the left side with the book's structure/TOC, but after additional load-time, instead of loading the contents, it opens a tab in my browser with a URL like "https://calibre-internal.invalid/private/var/folders/gn/016hpprd0bq3m6t5760_ttwh0000gn/C/calibre_2.75.1_tmp_ZaypGr/HUbqrt_ebook_iter/text/part0106.html"

This has occurred with all files I've attempted to open from my Calibre library.

Notes:
- I'm not sure if I'm installing the updates correctly in the first place... I download the new version from the website, drag into Applications folder, and click YES in the dialog box asking if I want to replace the existing app.

- I tried moving Calibre into Trash, and reinstalling it (dragging from the dmg into Applications) -- didn't fix the problem.

- I'm running Mac OS X 10.11.6 - El Capitan.

Any advice? Thank you!
Old 12-29-2016, 08:25 PM   #2
Cesca
Groupie
Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, iPads, Sonys
There's another thread already started on this same problem.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=282186
Advert
Old 12-29-2016, 09:30 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Closing thread. Please continue in referenced thread.
Closed Thread