Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-21-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
fargo
Virtual Books Reader :)
fargo began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Kindle DX, iPhone
Here are some pictures for my USB LED booklight for iLiad reader It only costs $3.18 to $4.73 if you search well

What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sku_5452_1.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	14571   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0020.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	14572   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	14573   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0021.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	14574  
fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:58 AM   #2
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Your post reminds me that I bought one such usb led light 5 years ago. Too bad it doesn't work on iLiad (no light). And it shakes as I move iLiad. Besides, I am afraid that its weight will damage the USB socket.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I've got something very similar, except mine isn't USB based. It has it's own internal battery, so isn't drawing power from the iLiad. It works fairly well, but I don't need to read in the dark very often so I don't use it a lot.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fargo View Post
Here are some pictures for my USB LED booklight for iLiad reader It only costs $3.18 to $4.73 if you search well

What do you think?
I hope you do know that you are draining the battery even faster.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #5
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
How many hours battery time will be lost if you use it?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
How many hours battery time will be lost if you use it?
Seeing as you get 12-15 hours without the light, I'd say too much time.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:56 PM   #7
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
The USB LED light that I bought 5 years ago still works on iLiad. It is quite helpful when I am sitting in car at night. I guess the power drainage will be three times faster. Still I think it worthwhile.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote