Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free (DRM-free multiple formats) Alien Mate [Alien Abduction Erotic Romance]

Alien Mate by Eve Langlais is 1st in the Alien Mate series of f/m erotic sci-fi alien abduction mate-claiming romances, and free as All Romance eBooks' Earth Day countdown selection for April 5th, in conjunction with Amira Press, LLC.

This has the full 5 flames on the ARE heat index.

Free without DRM in the format of your choice @ All Romance eBooks until just before midnight Central US time on April 6th.

It turns out that the previous day's probably-not-erotic f/m medieval historical romance freebie has had its original listing replaced with an apparently DRM-free ePub version, so if you skipped it earlier because you didn't want to bother stripping, it'll still be free for a limited time: The Holding.

Author Langlais doesn't seem to have anything particularly on sale, though she has some low-priced titles and has a few things available via Fictionwise, where you can use this week's 30% off coupon or wait for better or an ARE rebate offer.

Description
What would you do if an alien materialized in your living room and told you he was your leader?

Plump Diana is ironing her underwear when the hottest blue babe in all of the galaxy appears in her living room. Did she forget to mention he was naked? Abducted, decontaminated, and dressed like a harem girl, she's been chosen to become his mate.

Kor asked his ancestors to find him a biddable, docile mate. Instead they found him Diana--a curvy, argumentative earthling who sets his pulse pounding and his loins on fire. He might be an alien who doesn't understand the meaning of love, but he sure knows what he feels is more than lust.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
hehe.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #3
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
We come for your women is now an actual subgenre.

Funny.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #4
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So I guess if you like that sort of thing less explicitly, there is this from Book View Cafe :-

http://www.bookviewcafe.com/index.ph...y-Susan-Wright

"Slave Trade Susan Wright

Human slaves can never defy their alien masters—or can they?

Rose Rico never believed the rumors that the government was secretly selling human beings to the Alphas in exchange for advanced alien technology. The idea that human sex slaves were a luxury item throughout the galaxy was just too ridiculous to take seriously—until Rose found herself, along with hundreds of other human captives, bound for the far reaches of space, and compelled to cater to the depraved desires of her new alien masters. As a rule, pleasure slaves don’t live very long, especially the stubborn ones. But Rose refuses to give up. Someday, somehow, she'll win back her freedom—or die trying!

Originally published by Pocket Books (2003) as part of the Slave Trade trilogy including Slave Masters (2004) and Slaves Unchained (2005).
"

$2.99
Old 04-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
We come for your women is now an actual subgenre.
It's been one for decades*. We get a few of these every so often from Ellora's Cave and Samhain as well.

* Seriously, do I have to make the first "Earth Girls Are Easy" joke around here?
Advert
Old 04-05-2012, 01:56 AM   #6
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain

So, any of the abductee subgenre give the aliens a surprise by turning furry? :")
Old 04-05-2012, 01:59 AM   #7
ATDrake
Wizzard

I haven't personally seen any, even while looking at the general sort of promo freebie offerings.

But I suspect you've just Rule 34ed it into existence.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:15 AM   #8
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain

Yeah.

And then the abductor's evil girlfriend turns out to be a space vampire.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:08 AM   #9
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I want a "we come for your men" thing D: with the big bad alien with the big...err...yeah
Old 04-05-2012, 03:16 AM   #10
ATDrake
Wizzard

Well, that's another category of stuff you should start shopping Fictionwise for, because they get that in the new releases as well (though not as often as the m/m cozy mysteries).
Old 04-05-2012, 03:36 AM   #11
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
I want a "we come for your men" thing D: with the big bad alien with the big...err...yeah
Nose?

We come for your Poirots!

Old 04-05-2012, 03:57 AM   #12
wyndslash
Wizard

@atdrake: i get my fix by other means

@blue: LOL. there's just something about all that hard muscle...*drools* but then again, aliens could be all grey and smooth. *thinks*
Old 04-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #13
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Cool Fullsome Descriptive-itis........

I confess to having had the odd funny turn or two over some of the descriptive "hooks" given to many tales in Resources - "Alien Abduction Erotic Romance" being the latest.
And I also confess to sometimes following temptation, downloading the work, and coming to the conclusion the hook was the best thing about it.

But am I alone in thinking it's all getting a bit, well....silly ?

I mean, I am often actually put off by a detailed indication of what the author thinks his work's about or will mean to me, so it's had the reverse effect of what was presumably intended.
If I'd only had the (almost quaintly simple, it would seem ) "Western/Mystery/Historical Adventure" et al, of the recent past, I might well have tried many of these and enjoyed them.
I mean, we had one a little while ago that ran to such detail, I felt there was hardly any need to get the book, as I knew the lot already.

I suppose it's a dislike of being told what what I will need, enjoy, be happy with, or find, in anything, let alone a story.
I mean, sometimes just "tragic romance " or "doomed attempt" does take the edge of things a bit, and blow the whole thing !

[ Unnecessary Cultural Ad-Speak Expansion Applied To The Literary World] if you ask me - which you won't need to, now I've told you all about it ........

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #14
ATDrake
Wizzard

We actually get comparatively very little variation in what's generally officially offered free every week. Christian biblical/devotional. Christian self-help. Christian historical romance. Christian contemporary romance. Serial killer thriller. Management self-help guide. Financial self-help guide. Erotic romance. Non-erotic romance.

Subgenres exist for a reason, and pointing out what distinguishes one particular erotic romance from another particular erotic romance on the bare level of a subgenre categorization when I suspect there's actually very little distinction between them when all is said and done may or may not help people filter out which particular variant-on-a-them appeals to them when we literally get at least a dozen of these every month.

Mere description does not tell you what to enjoy or be happy about a story, only what the story happens to be about, which is information that is usually All Right There In The Blurb that you would consult before 1-clicking anyway (unless you're really committed to the idea of the uninfluenced blind-buy), and if you are reading that much prescriptiveness into it, I am sorry you feel inhibited by believing your enjoyment dictated, but at least it cuts down on your TBR pile.

Also, I get really bored posting essentially the same things over and over again and I don't have decent TV reception, so I have to make my own entertainment. If I wanted to repost no more than just-the-facts-ma'am from the product description info, well, I don't and I frankly wouldn't bother doing it at all.

However, if you would prefer to see things posted in a particular manner, you are perfectly free to do so yourself, or instead start following one of the freebie/bargain-posting blogs that has the sort of style which you would rather see.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #15
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Subgenres exist for a reason, and pointing out what distinguishes one particular erotic romance from another particular erotic romance on the bare level of a subgenre categorization when I suspect there's actually very little distinction between them when all is said and done may or may not help people filter out which particular variant-on-a-them appeals to them when we literally get at least a dozen of these every month.
Mere description does not tell you what to enjoy or be happy about a story, only what the story happens to be about, which is information that is usually All Right There In The Blurb that you would consult before 1-clicking anyway (unless you're really committed to the idea of the uninfluenced blind-buy), and if you are reading that much prescriptiveness into it, I am sorry you feel inhibited by believing your enjoyment dictated, but at least it cuts down on your TBR pile................
However, if you would prefer to see things posted in a particular manner, you are perfectly free to do so yourself, or instead start following one of the freebie/bargain-posting blogs that has the sort of style which you would rather see.
ATD, I think you may be taking my post a lot more seriously than I was ?
I obviously tend to look for a broader description or details, and am prepared for surprises.....
And, believe it or not, I thought the tags were submitted by authors, not the result of your single-handed efforts.
But....

Para1) Agreed

Para 2) Agreed, but I don't believe my enjoyment is being dictated, just that the descriptive tags seem to be getting longer and more..... detailed? Which, for me, takes a bit of fun /horror out of the hunt! But perhaps it's always been thus, and I haven't perused long enough. One man's soya, etc...
And I don't have much of a TBR list anyway....I'm not organised enough.

3) I'm not a freebie/bargain hunter per se, just a browser of offerings, opinions and recommendations - including yours - on MR in general, and I manage to muddle by somehow as it is - why bother going elsewhere ?

After all, we're a very catholic brethren here, and don't it .......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote