Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #1
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Display page number

My Aura HD seems to only display the page number in a chapter. For example: Chapter 4 - Page 20 of 40. I still want to know what page I am in a chapter but I also want to know how many pages I've read of the whole book. How do I do that?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:52 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
My Aura HD seems to only display the page number in a chapter. For example: Chapter 4 - Page 20 of 40. I still want to know what page I am in a chapter but I also want to know how many pages I've read of the whole book. How do I do that?
There isn't a way to display both on the page as you are reading, but if you go to the reading stats page it will show the total number of page turns for the book so far.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2014, 09:05 AM   #3
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Display page number

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
There isn't a way to display both on the page as you are reading, but if you go to the reading stats page it will show the total number of page turns for the book so far.

Is there a way to display the total instead of the page number in a chapter?

But the total number of page turns is not what I'm after

The book I'm reading is 400 pages, page turns is 456.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is an option you can add to the Kobo eReader.conf file that will give you page numbers in book.

See Wikipedia, new translation options, and many other tweaks to nickel and look for the FullBookPageNumbers option. This gets added to the [FeatureSettings] section.

Do take note though, when you edit this file, it's best to use an editor like Notepad++ that understands the linux line-ending conventions as opposed to Notepad that uses the Windows line-ending convention.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
Is there a way to display the total instead of the page number in a chapter?
If you don't want to use PeterT's solution, you can to your Kobo library on the website, download the ADE EPUB (if there is one), and add it to your reader with Adobe Digital Editions.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert