Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
Majorix
Giant Hobbit
Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Clara, Mini, Aura HD, Aura 2, Kindle: Paperwhite 1, DX 1
Need Help with Fullscreen Mod

I have never modded my Kobo before, but this one caught my interest so I should try it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=217192

I have no idea where to begin, and I thought people would ignore me were I to post in that thread. Can someone help me here instead? Thanks a lot!

PS: I can only select one prefix on the thread, but I also want to load the same mod for my Kobo Mini.
Majorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:45 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What version of f/w's do you have on each device? Once we know that, then it's just a matter of getting the correct patcher for each version, and ensuring that that patch you want is enabled in the configuration file.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
The thread you refer to is rather old, and this was only the beginning. If your device is on firmware 3.2.0, see this thread.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
Majorix
Giant Hobbit
Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Majorix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Clara, Mini, Aura HD, Aura 2, Kindle: Paperwhite 1, DX 1
Thanks for the replies guys.

I am on the latest FW (obviously the latest ones released for each device). Is there a risk of bricking the device in the process of patching?
Majorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:31 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Rather than saying latest released for your device, please check the and supply the actual version number. Kobo does not release the same versions to all devices at the same time and in fact some people do not see the new versions for many weeks if not months.

Version info is in settings / device information. You need not just the version number but also the build date since Kobo do at times rerelease a version, and the patches will be different for that version.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorix View Post
Thanks for the replies guys.

I am on the latest FW (obviously the latest ones released for each device). Is there a risk of bricking the device in the process of patching?
The worst case scenario would involve having to do a factory reset on your device. Metazoa's patcher and GeoffR's Linux variant do not modify the recovery file area.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote