Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 06:49 AM   #1
Pollik
Pollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
That syncing feeling

As far as I can work out, the sync feature in Kindle only works if you bought the ebook from Amazon.

A chunk of my reading is PDF (and I agree that Kindle handles them badly)and MOBI and it would be good to sync across laptop, kindle hardware and android on my phone.

I couldn't see anything among the plug ins that might work.

I am guessing that there is a solution, but that I just haven't found it...

Polly
Pollik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
PDF's... you're just plain out of luck. But you can sync the Furthest Read Page of non-Amazon mobi's (but not notes, highlights, or bookmarks) fairly easily.

Check these various threads for details:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113315
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138462

P.S. at one point, mobi2mobi was the only tool you could use to achieve this, but calibre is capable of doing it a lot more easily, so read the various threads for WHAT needs to be modified in the mobi's, but focus on the calibre sections for the HOW.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote