Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #76
Dr. T
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_edge View Post
Ermine, in my experience, has significantly improved ink side functionality--improved responsiveness, less lag in handwriting, and being able to rotate to landscape. I use my EE primarily to read and annotate journal articles, to take notes in seminars, and to annotate my google calendar. Can you even sync with google calendar using Dingo?
I echo everything Alex says. I, too, bought the eDGe so that I could annotate journal articles. Ermine is much better for that than Dingo was.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:54 AM   #77
madamepsi
Edge User

Thanks for the info!

Old 04-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #78
larka2006
Edge User

I had quick replys (within 24 hours each) from Monique - my question was that I cannot regster a new PE (apparently it was registered for someone else before, but I bought it as new unopen box). That was on April 19 (the last reply). No news from Tier 3 where case was transferred for de-registering. Also while playing with device I discovered that e-ink side posts scrumbled letters on left middle side of the screen, not terible, but noticible... Just updated my ticket with this problem to Tier 3. will see.
I am still waiting for reply from T3 support for re-registering my PE. Also while working with device I discovered that e-ink side have some problems with note-taking, on the left edge of the screen in the middle no matter how I write all letters came crumbled on top of each other, but on other parts of the screen it is OK. Any suggestion for resolving this? I can attach a sample writing if necessary... Anybody had this problem with Journal and e-ink screen. As I cannot update to Ermine, I was playing with it as it is (Dingo 1.6) and very impressed. I was able to load Kindle (and get my books), Evernote, AndAppStore (and test some apps from there) and a bunch of other apps). Even 2-column PDFs generally re-flow good...

Old 05-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #79
NiaTrue
Edge User

Has anyone ehard from tech support recently--other than the low-level support folks fro across the pond? I put in a request weeks ago and haven't heard a peep. Me thinks there's only one guy/gal left and s/he is swamped or there's no one left.

Given the changes in the website over the past few days, I think we should all, if we haven't done so already, download everything you think you might need from the forum and help sections.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #80
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
Given the changes in the website over the past few days, I think we should all, if we haven't done so already, download everything you think you might need from the forum and help sections.
I know I *should* do this, but I've also had luck searching forums that are down with The Way Back Machine at http://web.archive.org/ so I'm just that extra bit of lazy. I've used it a couple of time to look up the edge specs, since the page was taken off the site. A trip down memory lane

Hmm.. looking at the forum pages, it doesn't look like any have previously been captured. I clicked on all the main forum headings, which should inform archive.org to look at them. So maybe they'll be kept. Other forums I've been on have been preserved in their entirety this way, and it's been useful when I wanted to look up the title/author of a book I know I mentioned, but couldn't remember at the time. I guess I was just kind of hoping that even if the servers were wonky here, I could look things up there.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #81
emusan
Edge User

I sent in a request last week and heard back within a few days(I think it was two), but it was a pretty small question(about not being able to register), and was solved before I heard back.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #82
NiaTrue
Edge User

The response likely came from tier-1 support, not tier-3.