Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-09-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Books-On-Mobile Publisher wins Red Herring 100 award

Okay, I'll admit it. I don't really have any idea what this is about. Neither the publisher nor the Red Herring award mean anything to me, and I don't have the time to figure it out right now. But you might want to check it out, so here's the story...

"Red Herring today announced that London-Based publisher of books-on-mobile, I-Cue (http://www.i-cue.co.uk), has been awarded The Red Herring 100 Europe award which acknowledges the year's top 100 new companies for innovation and technology.I-Cue, which joins previous winners such as Google, Yahoo and Skype, allows mobile phone users to store and read entire book collections on their handsets. The system works by flashing one word at a time on the screen at a speed controlled by the user who can pause, rewind or fast forward words either one at a time or by sentence, paragraph or chapter."

Like I said, I don't know what that means, but maybe one of our readers can put it into English for us so I don't have to come back and read the actual press release? (You know how boring those things can be!)
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote