Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 06-30-2005, 06:31 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The Awkward Smart Phone Grows Up

Palm Addicts is pointing us today to an interesting NY Times article about the Treo.

The New York Times talks about the Treo 650 being a great phone and how the smartphone has evolved recently. The article weigh's up the pro's and con's of this great device. "It turns out that Treo 650 succeeds because of something that doesn't, and can't, show up on any feature list: spit and polish. The thought and cleverness that have gone into this device's design put most other smartphones to shame...

And don't forget that you can skip the free registration by going to www.bugmenot.com for one that someone else has already set up for you.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:18 PM   #2
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
/shock/ /grin/

BobR ... your standards are slipping. This post isn't NEARLY as long as your last few. Come on, dish more out for us to read.

/grin/

Edit ---------------------------------------------

Thinking on this more, I'm comign to question the title from the NY Times (not like I've really agreed with a whole lot of what they say anyway, but hey. Everyone has their own viewpoint.).

"The awkward smart phone grows up." ... Hmmm. I would have more thought of this title being applicable to the Treo 600, with something like "The Best Got Better" being more inlline for the Treo 650.

But again, ... everyone has their own point of view. :-)

Last edited by derekweb; 06-30-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Advert
Old 06-30-2005, 04:27 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekweb
/shock/ /grin/

BobR ... your standards are slipping. This post isn't NEARLY as long as your last few. Come on, dish more out for us to read.

/grin/
Heh! I try to keep them short, but sometimes I just can't help myself!

So enjoy the brevity while you can!... ;-)
Old 06-30-2005, 06:00 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Looks like even NYT editors are now considering a switch from BlackBerry to PalmOne